Mod contact

alldodge

Staff member
Sorry if this has come up and this old guy does not remember. Since using the "flag" is not good to use unless really bad "I guess". How can a member know which Mod is online at a given time, so if something is found (not according to the rules) the member will know who to contact to get it looked at. We can put a Mod name in the response, but if they will not be online until several hours, it may not do that much good

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Flags work OK, AD. All of us see them, so flagging is a good way to let us know something isn't hunky-dory and needs looked at.

The only other way is to look at a post by the intended Mod and look for the green dot at the bottom of a post block or look at all the names in Who's Online a the bottom of the Home Page - Forums from the upper left. The Online isn't the easiest way to find us online or any online member.

alldodge

Staff member
We started using the flag before and when there were several (if I remember correctly, old guy here) you said stop doing that because you could not figure out what was taken care of and what was not.

Trying to find out who is online I can do, but takes looking at several threads until a green dot is found, tried doing that. This is why I used you and southkogs because I could find neither, and the ones I did find where not lit up

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We had some members who used flagging as a way to make a post to a thread and it doesn't work.

Flags and Mentions really are the best way, flags the preferred way. Some Mods log in as invisible, so they won't be seen as online, but they do get the flag notice.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I generally use the flag when an fng has multiple posts on the same issue, or post in an old thread. I also pm a few