For any Moderator....

harringtondav

Commander
What is the best way to properly size an image or file for attaching to a forum post/reply/pm? My scans and phone pics. seem to always tilt. My cumbersome work around is to paste it into a Word document. There has to be a better way.
Thanks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
First thing to do is post in the proper section, which I'll move this to.

I can't help cuz I never have a problem with what I assume tilted means - Rotated 90[SUP]o[/SUP]?

harringtondav

Commander
First thing to do is post in the proper section, which I'll move this to.

I can't help cuz I never have a problem with what I assume tilted means - Rotated 90[SUP]o[/SUP]?

Sorry about the section. I looked long an hard at the choices, and goofed. Where does this belong?
When I try to attach some files and pics, I get a fail message stating something like "file exceeds xxx.mb"

southkogs

Staff member
Have you looked over the TUTORIAL?

Photos have to be a certain size to upload them to the forums. You can link them from anywhere else if you like.

tpenfield

Staff member
FWIW - I reduce the size of my pictures to 800 x 600 before uploading to posts, etc.

That usually brings the file size down from 3 MB to about 250 KB.

harringtondav

Commander
FWIW - I reduce the size of my pictures to 800 x 600 before uploading to posts, etc.

That usually brings the file size down from 3 MB to about 250 KB.

Thanks Ted. I suspected my issue is in my available photo/image editors, not the forum. The default ones don't have a pick for resizing. I've got Photoshop, but my version is a lot of work. I'll figure it out.

tpenfield

Staff member
Thanks Ted. I suspected my issue is in my available photo/image editors, not the forum. The default ones don't have a pick for resizing. I've got Photoshop, but my version is a lot of work. I'll figure it out.

As far as re-sizing . . . For Windows PC you could use Paint or Photo Editor. For Mac you can use Preview.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I email myself the pics....then my phone asks 100%, 75%, 50% or 25%. if you select 25%, your pics come out about 400kb which is perfect.