auto-emails from the commerce site

AlabamaNewbie

Petty Officer 1st Class
While scrolling through posts, often people will post a link to an item from the store. Being the curious one I am, I almost always go look at it. Then, a few hours later - I get an email "hey, take another look at this thing that has zero to do with your boat but you looked at it so why don't you buy it anyway?" (paraphrasing, of course).

Is there a setting somewhere in my account where I can turn that off? I get it - advertising and digital traffic and such, but seriously - its only about 1% of the time that I look at stuff that I could even use. From a web search perspective I can see it - people are looking at things that they are needing because they searched for it. But when I follow the link from a forum thread because I am curious as to what a self lubricating widgit for a 2018 super yacht looks like, I don't really need to be asked if I want to reconsider the purchase for by 31 year old yard boat. It's not a huge deal, I can continue to delete them as they come in, but if its something I can turn off, I'd sure like to.

Thanks.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
IDK...I just delete the emails I'm not interested in. I'm happy to have access to this forum which I think is subsidized by the sales department. When buying parts, I always check iboats first.
I don't mean to imply that you are not grateful...just stating what came to mind.

AlabamaNewbie

Petty Officer 1st Class
IDK...I just delete the emails I'm not interested in. I'm happy to have access to this forum which I think is subsidized by the sales department. When buying parts, I always check iboats first.
I don't mean to imply that you are not grateful...just stating what came to mind.

Its my first place to look for parts too, don't get me wrong. I am just saying - I look at stuff that has nothing to do with my boat, then I get the email that says "have another look". I don't know what I am having another look at until I open the email, then realize it was something that I just looked at because it was linked in a thread and have no need for.

I am just asking if its possible to turn it off in my account settings. If not, then so be it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If you find it, let us know. :smile:

If you add an item to your cart or wish list, a reminder email will be forthcoming and understandable. But surfing to help find a part for a member is a bit much IMHO.

Stonemil79

Recruit
iboats_help iboats_tim or any moderator. How do we turn this off? I don't want to unsubscribe b/c there are a lot of useful email notifications. I really don't like marketing emails in my inbox though. Can anyone help?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The price of a free forum. I get them too.

You can try clicking off iBoats Review in your profile.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would rather get the random email from iBoats and have a free forum