Poor customer service on iBoats

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Be surprised if this stays up for long.

Purchased an item on a Saturday. Quickly realized it was the wrong part. Why can't you cancel a purchase of the website? Why is there no one to talk to on a weekend? Why, when I called on Monday was I told the item had already shipped when I know it hadn't? Why have I received a return credit notice but it hasn't been put back on my card?

It's 2018. You can and should do better.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If you don't complain, then management doesn't know. I won't close a legitimate complaint.

BTW - I've been asking why in the 24/7/365 Internet Age, customer service works bankers hours.

iboats_help iboats_tim iboats_zach

I ordered some seat hinges on line and noticed that they were going to double ship.I contacted customer service with in 2 minutes and advised them of the problem.Was put on hold for 20 minutes while customer service called warehouse to take care of problem.CS rep finally came back and said i would be receiving a credit for the part of the order that wasn't ordered and only one item would ship.Never received credit but yesterday i received notification that the order was double shipped.Just called customer service and was told they couldn't stop the order because the process had gone too far for them to stop it.This after 2 minutes.Give me a break.They said i would have to wait for the order to arrive before they would issue a return authorization and I would be liable for freight.I will be returning both orders and never deal with these people again.Horrible service for this day and age.How do they stay in business?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Mistakes happen. It might be hard to believe, but even I have made a few over the years. :D

Automated ordering can cause glitches like this. Sorry for the inconvenience. You should be contacted'

iboats_help iboats_tim iboats_zach

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
As an online retailer as well, yes it is amazing how things can happen in our automated world, but as a person that ships stuff all of the time in another industry, I also find it amazing how easy some people are triggered these days