Web Site Problem?

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Never had an issue before. Today my Norton keeps giving an error message stating that I'm being attacked by a Web attack JSCoinminer virus of some sort every time I open this site.

Any truth to the problem?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
your not the only one that is getting that error message

alldodge

Staff member
I also use symantec and show today they did a rapid response update. Mine auto updated and have not seen an issue. Do a live update and see if it clears up.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
First time there has been a report on JSCoinminer, only one reported problem and it's this thread.

What is it? Not malicious, but it can consume your computer's resources and slow it down. It is used to mine cryto-coins via distributed processing, in other word it is downloaded to many computers on the web to mine cryto-currency by some lazy, cheap SOB who doesn't want to spend money on hardware so he infects unwitting web users and collects the coin on your dime.

Update your Norton AV program and virus definitions and do a scan.

Norton removal help for JSCoinminer - https://us.norton.com/online-threats...9-writeup.html

iboats_tim iboats_zach iboats_help I don't think this is coming from iBoats, but to play safe a server/cloud AV scan may be in order.

AgnotGt

Seaman
I had this issue yesterday. Showed me as logged-out and the Norton message. Today I am again logged-in (without me doing it) and the Norton message is NON-existent. Strange...

iboats_tim

User
Hi all, I had the team scan the site for malicious scripts and can confirm we don't have anything on our servers.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Yesterday, when it happened it was only when I logged in to IBoats. All other web sites were clear.

Today, no messages came up.