No email notifications

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am not getting forum email notifications as described in the forum settings even though they are enabled with a valid email address. Is that normal because of the limited number of posts I have made, an ongoing issue, or something else? Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
been an issue since the update. its covered in the issues forum as a sticky

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Unresolved problem from the last software upgrade. Still looking for a solution.

alldodge

Staff member
I'm sure there working on the issue but, every time I go look at part on the sales site (and don't buy), I get an email shortly after asking if I want to take another look at the part. Sure is funny

southkogs

Staff member
I'm sure there working on the issue but, every time I go look at part on the sales site (and don't buy), I get an email shortly after asking if I want to take another look at the part. Sure is funny

LOL ... I think that's probably one of the few things that's actually working the way they want it to. It's internet marketing trying to bring you back and buy.

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
Same for me. Simple answer: money talks. I think this problem has existed for months here and I really doubt that anyone is "still looking" for anything. I am a member of several online forums like this one and there is a common problem with updates that trash the existing features. Those features never get fixed.

GA_Boater

Same for me. Simple answer: money talks. I think this problem has existed for months here and I really doubt that anyone is "still looking" for anything. I am a member of several online forums like this one and there is a common problem with updates that trash the existing features. Those features never get fixed.

Well I must disagree with this. After the last major upgrade 4 or more years ago virtually all the missing features were restored. It wasn't overnight and wasn't easy.

This last upgrade was in December and everything under the hood was changed by Virtual Bulletin. The database structure was changed so much that all of the custom features were trashed, including email notifications.

The emails from the store mentioned by AllDodge are not emails from the forum - The store and forum are two separate entities.

You don't know what it was like before December and you have no basis to say it isn't being worked on.

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
I said I "doubt" it and this is from many experiences with other forums. If you have some evidence of progress, I would be interested in hearing it. By your very words above, you admit many features were trashed in December; so if I am believing you, that is the basis for knowing what it was like before.

GA_Boater

I know that many issues have been taken care since December, believe me or not.

ianbword

Seaman Apprentice
Came here to say this...thought it was my Gmail account not agreeing with the forum

ianbword

Seaman Apprentice
Any update or possibility this gets fixed?. This site has been extremely helpful to me. Sometimes I forget to check it or keep track of updates.

southkogs

Staff member
No. Sorry. The digital wheels appear to still be stuck in the mud.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well I'll be danged!!!

Something is happening...
Just realized that I GOT AN EMAIL!! :rockon:

A topic I'm subscribed to sent an email that there was new activity!!

Progress for sure, so if not 100% yet, hang in there.. It's on the way!! :cool:

alldodge

Staff member
I got 2 out of a bunch yesterday, and didn't want to jink's it. Today all emails are in the box :thumb: high five for site crew

southkogs

Staff member
The crew is working on it. Great to see y'all have some showing up!

They may flicker on and off for a few more days while the developers are jiggling more handles.

GA_Boater

Did y'all notice the mail was sent Postage Due? LOL

Ya might want to check your Profile Notification setup to see if you're getting what you want.

Are subscribed thread emails popping up?

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Subscribed thread emails are working!
At least for me they are lol...

Postage due huh??
Hmm.. I think I have a penny hanging around...
OH.... WAIT!
Can't use that penny.. It's already earmarked for the NASCAR iCup series.... :noidea: :D