help uploading files and photos

todd281

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am having a problem uploading photos from my desktop PC to the forum posts. I have tried several times by adding a attachment, finding the file on my PC, when I try to upload I get a message from the iboats webpage that says "UNKNOWN ERROR"
I then copied the same file to my laptop, when online , logged in with the laptop, and posted the photo no problem. So the issue is with my Desktop PC. [windows 7 home premium service pack 1, and internet explorer] I have uploaded photos to other websites from the desktop without issue. I would really like to get the desktop to upload as I only use the laptop when I am on the road.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
did you look at the tutorial in the rules and guidelines forum?

are you makeing sure your pics are about 400kb in size?

jbcurt00

Staff member
The problem you're having is related to a recent forum software update that causes a conflict w Internet Explorer and uploading pix/files...

Fix is in process, but is extremely complicated to resolve. Admin and developers are working on it and have been for a while.

See past/current discussion about it here
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/other/iboats-forum-and-website-issues/10523201-pic-test

apologize for the problem, no hard eta yet for the solve...

problem doesnt happen w either Firefox or Chrome if you want to try a different browser.

The Photobucket denial of service can also be worked around in both Firefox and Chrome, but not Internet Explorer. So if you are looking thru topics w pix that have been blocked, its Photobucket blocking them not iboats and the Photobucket fix addon repairs their broken pixs, for now.....

thanks for your patience until pix problem w IE is repaired