New post not uploading

ACon977

Senior Chief Petty Officer
New to posting on iBoats but have been reading these forums for a few years. I started a restoration project but when I try to create a thread it just clears the input boxes and does nothing.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

How did you start this new thread if it you can't start a new thread? :confused:

ACon977

That is a great question, I didn't expect it to go through, but somehow here we are.

I was trying to post into the Restoration Forum. I did have a longer title. Is there a character limit on the title?

ACon977

It finally went through! Must have just been a glitch. Persistence is key. Tried uploading the same post 8-10 times.

GA_Boater

It appears there is a title limit. No idea what it is or why you didn't get a warning or error message.

iboats_tim Ideas?

ACon977

GA_Boater I actually did not shorten the thread title when it went through. I had tried a very short title and the same nothing happened.

GA_Boater

OK. Let have Admin look into it. They've been notified.

Carry on and good luck on the resto.

acporter15

Recruit
GA_Boater I am having the same issue that this op had. Have tried posting the same post close to 30 times now on 3 separate occasions. Clears the input box and nothing else happens - does it in less than 2 sec, so don't feel time is an issue with the uploading. Any guidance?

GA_Boater

acporter15 The one thing that seems to do this no post with no reason is having a long title, one that is longer than the title box for a new post. I tested a long title and it does not post and doesn't give any error/reason.

One other thing - After starting a new thread, the system goes back to a new thread display for some reason and it looks like the thread did not take. If you fill it out again, the thread is duplicated. Before the last upgrade, after starting a new thread, the new thread was displayed and now it's confusing.

I can't fix this, notifying Admin is all I can do and say :sorry:. Wish I could do more. iboats_tim

southkogs

Staff member
acporter15 - try posting to active topics 2 more times (maybe post twice in this one) so you have a total of 3 posts. We generally have a "must post three times before you can start a topic" rule, but it's been switched off since our upgrade. The developers have been flipping stuff on and off for weeks now - perhaps that switch has been turned back "on."

GA_Boater

acporter15 - try posting to active topics 2 more times (maybe post twice in this one) so you have a total of 3 posts. We generally have a "must post three times before you can start a topic" rule, but it's been switched off since our upgrade. The developers have been flipping stuff on and off for weeks now - perhaps that switch has been turned back "on."

Sorry, SK - We never had that rule and new members are starting threads with their very 1st post everyday. Otherwise how could a new member ask a question without hijacking a thread.

The 3 post restriction was is only for attachments and new members are adding attachments to their 1st post now.

ACon977

Sorry, SK - We never had that rule and new members are starting threads with their very 1st post everyday. Otherwise how could a new member ask a question without hijacking a thread.

The 3 post restriction was is only for attachments and new members are adding attachments to their 1st post now.

I had tried to attach items to my original post, after somehow getting this thread started. However when I finally got the other post started my attachments did not take, after the initial post, any replies on the thread have worked fine.

To reiterate, my post did end up going through with the same length title as the failed posts did. I was pretty confused when it went through without changing anything.

Just more information for admin to look at, hopefully it is something easy.