Some Forum Channels not showing topics?

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Not sure if it's known, but some forum channels (Johnson Evinrude Outboard, Dockside Chat.. etc..) are showing sticky topics if they have them, but nothing else...
Seems the channels that have last activity of today are ok, but if yesterday or earlier, it's just stickies...

Also, (probably related), I have the red notification icon on my avatar, and if I go into my messages and notifications, and click a topic I'm subscribed to, I get an error stating the action can not be completed, try again, and notify system admin if error continues.. (to paraphrase)...

This already known to the tech team?

Thanks!

ob

Admiral
Same on my end jbuote. Nothing but stickies comes up on the Johnson/Evinrude forum.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well that's good and bad.., LOL
Good in that I'm not alone....
Bad in that..................... I'm not alone......

Was kind of hoping it was just me and nobody else was affected, but I guess not... haha!!

Might be something database related....
Forgot to mention that I couldn't upload the screenshot of the error message when I made the original post here..
Trying to attach pics using the camera button (upper left of the editor) gives the following error:

"There has been a database error, and the current page cannot be displayed. Site staff have been notified."

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We're having some issues which are being worked on. It seems to slowly coming back.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks G_A!!
Figured it was being worked on, but didn't see any other mentions of it, so posted it just in case it was an unknown at the time...

I'll try again later on... :D

southkogs

Staff member
Yeah ... we're experiencing some technical difficulties ...

The developer dudes are working on it, but things are pretty rough today so far. Dunno' too much more than that right now.

GA_Boater

Give it a shot now, JB. The forums are showing more than just the stickies. They kicked right ghoulies..........................I think.

GA_Boater

They better kick a few more times. Some forum sections seem to be working better than others.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
So far so good!
Have the topics now...

This however, still gives the "An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed." error....
(EDIT: never mind... These links seem to be working now...
I'm sure all the ghoulies will be gone soon though... haha!!)

(When clicking on the blue circle icon to right of title to get to last unread post):
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...1#post10538081

And this one from clicking on the topic title to go to the first post of the topic...
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...on-fd-21r-1967

Everything else seems to work so far, including the ability to add a pic to this post..
Removed pic before posting reply, but it did upload and show it was ready to post... lol

GA_Boater

As I'm writing replies and checking other sections, many things are starting to work the way they should. Including the blue icon for new posts in a thread. For now, anyway.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yeah....
Same happened to me...
Wrote up those links that didn't work, then right after I posted, they worked...

Looks like it's all on the mend for now anyway, so I'll just keep on going, and if there are still issues tomorrow afternoon/evening then I'll let ya know..

Ghoulies will probably be gone by then though... LOL :laugh:

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I noticed the problem about 5 hours ago. I just figured it had to do with the 'Improved' website