Marking forums "read"

NYBo

Admiral
There no longer appears to be a way to mark any forum areas as read. Before the upgrade, some forum areas lacked this feature; now, it appears to have disappeared entirely.

jbcurt00

Staff member
On the gray menu bar across the top of the forum page, just below the hippo logo and just above forum>home>other>Iboats Forum and Website issues

From the sub-forum home page
Click Mark Channels Read

It will unhighlight (unbold) all the topic titles

NYBo

Admiral
That clears the "bubble" on the far left of the forum list, but some of the forum section titles remain blue. Plus, I was referring to the ability to mark anj individual forum area as read.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Not sure I understand
Plus, I was referring to the ability to mark an individual forum area as read

But I do see what you're talking about w bubble and still blue text on the main forum homepage.

Volvo/Penta was Bold and Blue on the main page w a blue bubble to the left

Opened that sub-forum, there were several unread topics, w titles in bold and blue

Clicked Mark Channel Read

All the topic titles changed to unbolded black

Back to the main forum page

Volvo/Penta bubble unbolded and black (so marked as read)

BUT although the title was unbolded, it was still blue. Kind of half and half marked unread....

That whole area was marked as read, sort of....

Did you mean ALL the motor sub-forums, ALL at once?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That clears the "bubble" on the far left of the forum list, but some of the forum section titles remain blue. Plus, I was referring to the ability to mark anj individual forum area as read.

From the main forum list, go to a section. for example this Issues section, and while on the section thread list, click the Mark Channels Read. All the thread titles go unbold as now read.

I don't really recall the forum section titles changing colors or boldness in earlier versions. I know before the last upgrade the bolding and colors were not indicative of much. To me the display it better at the forum section level.

bassman284

Commander
Wow. Obviously there is a wide variation in usage here. For me, the the text in forum posts was improved in readability and that was pretty much all I needed. The only "devices" I use are my desktop and my laptop. Clearly there are "features" here that I don't use and never have used so if they're not working, I don't miss them. At this point, my only complaint would be that the test when I'm typing a post is still pretty small and faint but I can live with that because I don't really post that much..

I've got confidence in Tim and I'm sure he'll solve everything, given time.