What happened to the 'remember me' checkbox?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
It's kicked me out twice today, and I haven't logged in with anything but the computer

iboats_tim

User
Hi all,

With the menus and font tweaked, addressing the log-out issue is our top priority. We'll be doing some more work on it tonight.

I have personally experienced this issue and it's very frustrating to get logged out at random intervals. We'll get it fixed and I appreciate everyone's patience!

NYBo

Admiral
My screen name has disappeared at the top again even though I'm logged in. My avatar picture has never been displayed.

bassman284

Commander
I've not been jumping to and from iOS vs the notebook and I've had to log in a couple times in the last five days. The developers are working on more and more fixes as we go. So be prepared that they may do some kind of fix that bumps us (or some of us) off here and there.

But overall for the last several weeks, the site generally remembers my log in and keeps me logged in. In fact in the other browsers I test things on I intentionally have to log out.

Every now and again, clear the cache data on this site for a while. That might help your experience after some of the bug fixes.

OK, that kind of confirms my suspicion. I'm guessing that "Remember Me" is now the default and it's done with a cookie (as before). Anytime I have to log in it seems changes have been made. Just guessing, but I would say that some of the changes being made result in a cookie reset. Time to log in again.

southkogs

Staff member
There are two things that have been logging us out. One is a problem they believe they fixed this week, the other is some of the updates and fixes they are doing (plenty of random ones happening) bump us out. Hopefully the frequency drops significantly from here on out.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Been reading most of these threads on the updates, but not all yet and I haven't seen this login issue as of yet, so forgive me if it's already been brought up..

It is regarding log in, so figured I'd add to this thread with it...

I have a link in my favorites to the Johnson/Evinrude section. When I click it, it brings me to that section, but I'm logged out. (I expect that... For now, I have clear cookies on close in browser settings, so that's on me.. lol)

Anyway, after I log in, I'm brought to my "Feeds" page, not the Johnson/Evinrude page of my bookmark. I have to navigate again to the engine section..

Is this the way it's going to work from now on or is this something that can be fixed?
It'd be nice if in a subsection, and then I log in, it brings you back to the subsection you were on before login...

Of course, if on iBoats home page and then I login, then yeah... My Feeds is a great landing place! LOL

Thanks!

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Well, it's back to logging me out at least once everyday

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Logs me out, maintains me logged in on 3 different computers, I guess it depends on the system's mood..LOL!! Can live with it..

Happy Boating

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Semi maintains me on one, if I don't log in other either of the other 3. If I do, well I get punted for sure, otherwise it is just rolling the dice