What happened to the 'remember me' checkbox?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
What happened to the 'remember me' checkbox when logging in? I really dislike having to log in every time I use the computer, or ipad, or phone, Just another of the 'Improvements' I guess

southkogs

Staff member
You shouldn't have to re-logon each time. If you've not tried it - logout, clear your browser cache and then log on again. That should solve the problem.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I have difficulty when using multiple devices, none of which are a laptop/computer. Once I log in, if I only access the forum from that devices, no re-logon needed.

If I switch devices, I have to login again, and if I go back to original device after loading any forum page on the 2nd device, even if I dont re-logon @ the 2nd device, I have re-logon there too....

So I try to only use 1 device......

Its on the list though iboats_tim

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
For some reason the forum is logging us off.

I had to log back in after I stepped away for 30 minutes or less.

iboats_tim

alldodge

Staff member
For some reason the forum is logging us off.

I had to log back in after I stepped away for 30 minutes or less.

iboats_tim

Its happened to me a few times but the user name and password remain filled in, so just click login and I'm back in.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Its happened to me a few times but the user name and password remain filled in, so just click login and I'm back in.

My username turns to Log In, the avatar turns into the default faceless puppet and I need to login to get a reply message box.

alldodge

Staff member
My username turns to Log In, the avatar turns into the default faceless puppet and I need to login to get a reply message box.

Sounds about the same. I get the same and no message thing. I select login and on the left the user name and the password is already filled in, just need to select the login box. I also have my computer remember my user name and password for this site

thunder550

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm having the same issue with multiple devices. Subsequent logins on the same device, no problem, but as soon as I log in using a different device, it's like it terminates my login on the previous device.

iboats_tim

User
Hi all,

We believe this was fixed this afternoon. Please let me know if any of you continue to have problems getting logged out.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Multiple devices always punts me out
Quite often when I boot the computer I find I have to log in again.
Old version allowed all of my devices to remain logged in.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Multiple devices always punts me out
Quite often when I boot the computer I find I have to log in again.
Old version allowed all of my devices to remain logged in.

As long as I dont switch devices, I havent had to log back in. But on my android mobile, I used its browsers remember password feature.

iboats_tim
Might have some insight or at least forward it to the IT minions tinkering under the hood.

thanks

alldodge

Staff member
Mine kicks me off maybe once a week no matter what I use with only this site. About once a month it does it to all sites, figure that's my security settings

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I am having to log in at least once a week, across all platforms (iPad and a couple Windows computers).

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Keeps logging me out, even when I'm not using the ipad to log in.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Use 3 devices which are not Smartphones nor tablets to acces Iboats. Generally speaking have to re log back again on the device that will be used, but sometimes need not. System keeps my personal data so it's just a matter of a click to access.

What find strange is that when already accessed to Iboats, system deviates to my Sea's List and not to main forum page, need to close the page, open it again for full access. Is anyone experiencing same ?

Happy Boating

southkogs

Staff member
I've not been jumping to and from iOS vs the notebook and I've had to log in a couple times in the last five days. The developers are working on more and more fixes as we go. So be prepared that they may do some kind of fix that bumps us (or some of us) off here and there.

But overall for the last several weeks, the site generally remembers my log in and keeps me logged in. In fact in the other browsers I test things on I intentionally have to log out.

Every now and again, clear the cache data on this site for a while. That might help your experience after some of the bug fixes.

alldodge

Staff member
Was logged out this AM and I'm only using the one computer. No other sites have this issue, not a biggie for me though

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Use 3 devices which are not Smartphones nor tablets to acces Iboats. Generally speaking have to re log back again on the device that will be used, but sometimes need not. System keeps my personal data so it's just a matter of a click to access.

What find strange is that when already accessed to Iboats, system deviates to my Sea's List and not to main forum page, need to close the page, open it again for full access. Is anyone experiencing same ?

Happy Boating

I've been experiencing something very similar. I access iboats from a couple of different desktop computers (Windows machines) and an iPad. Fairly frequently when using my bookmarked link to the iboats forum, I have to enter my login data again. I'm then taken to some sort of 'feeds' page, but when I try to click on the Forums link in the menu bar, nothing happens. If I close the browser window and click on my bookmarked link, I get taken to the main forums page as usual. Very odd. Not a huge problem, but peculiar...