Sticky links

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm trying to access the Volvo Penta link in the "Adults Only" sticky in the Volvo forum and am getting a invalid redirect with HTML.... Do these no longer work or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
iboats_tim The stickie further referred to. https://forums.iboats.com/forum/eng...es-outdrives/479879-adults-only-no-exceptions

The links are to older forum threads and it appears to be displaying raw HTML code. A snip;
#!/usr/bin/perl -I/var/www/forums/mods -I/var/www/forums/LIB # asdf # script to unvbseo and redirect to new forum url use strict; use warnings; #use Data::Dumper; use VE::In; use DBI; use unvbseo_redirect; use VE::File; my $http_header = "Content-Type: text/html\n\n"; my $newurl = ""; my $url = ""; my %in = In();

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Appears all of the links in the sticky are producing the same result....

southkogs

Staff member
... across platforms and browsers too. (I just tried it a few different ways)

iboats_tim

User
Let me have our devs take a look into this when we get a chance. Thanks for catching this!

southkogs

Staff member
Sort of - I think I've fixed one of the links just by editing it. I'm checking that as time allows, but also giving the developers some time to find the one button fix.

I've also gotta' round up all of those linked pages too. Sorry it's taking so long.

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sort of - I think I've fixed one of the links just by editing it. I'm checking that as time allows, but also giving the developers some time to find the one button fix.

I've also gotta' round up all of those linked pages too. Sorry it's taking so long.

Thanks. Seems to be any link, not just the stickies.... Links off of individual users signatures also have the same issue.

southkogs

Staff member
Okay - I'll click a few more of those. The ones I've tagged so far have worked.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Thanks. Seems to be any link, not just the stickies.... Links off of individual users signatures also have the same issue.

Any signature examples, further? All the links I've checked are working so far.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep, I just tracked it down to post it here, ADs Raw Water doesn't work:
http:// forums.iboats.com/mercruiser-i-o-inboard-engines-outdrives/seawater-pump-mechanical-fuel-pump-maintenance-630623. html
but seems to point in the right direction

I added a space after :// and a 2nd between the end period and html

southkogs

Staff member
Bringing this up again.... Any progress?
Sort of (again) ... the one in the Mercruiser forum works the best (so far as I can tell). Some of the links are still not working, but many are.

I've got the topic copied to a spot where I'm tracking down the links. But it's taking time because of all of the work DonS had in it! I was four pages deep checking links off of one of the original links! :faint2:

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Ok thanks guys. I'm looking to access some of the specific Volvo info.
Thanks again for your hard work!

southkogs

Staff member
Go to the ADULTS ONLY sticky in the Mercruiser forum. There will be the VOLVO link in there (#3 from the top). From that hot link, many (maybe most) of the Volvo links are working. If you find a specific one you need, you can do a forum search for the topic - or let me know. I'm in the middle of fixing those links in my copied topic.

southkogs

Staff member
further (and anyone else who'd like to) - go to the Adults Only sticky in the NON-REPAIR I/O forum. I **think** I've fixed all of the links in that one. - - all of the Adults Only stickies are the same, they're just at the top of each forum.

If it's working for you, then I'll go ahead and replace all of the others.