Pic Test

southkogs

Staff member
Does anyone know what's the window size in pixels of the profile cover photo to show full picture. Downloaded a 1000 x 750 pixel pic and the cropped area has been way huge. BTW, my current notebook and new updated weg page are now running on steroids, speed is super fast than before, congrats to the team that made that possible.

Happy Boating
Right now what I've done that works (don't know if it's the limit or right, but it works) are:

Cover image (for your profile) - 2400 x 400
Signature image - 1024 x 110

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Thanks both,

Did some pic testing, my avatar pic was cropped to final 550 x 550 pixels, looks much better and closer now. Original cover image was 1000 x 750 pixels, although fits perfectly horizontal, no side cropping whatsoever, the system cropped it right in middle, so I guess 400-500 vertical pixels is what the systems support.s One issue, in the old page used to post pics resized or cropped to 1000 x 750 pixels from originals and no more than 200 KB in weight to open fast.

The size usually chosen when uploading pics was medium size, once posted if clicked on them opened a much larger size, is this option still working on the new page or the size previously chosen is what finally will be seen with no possible enlargement whatsoever ?

Just discovered that the write something window can be enlarged vertically all you want by pulling middle dotted line downward so to follow complete post prior post replaying. Nice to count with the lower right hand arrow that re directs to main page. The new page is getting each time more friendly..

Happy Boating

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I put a new PHOTO TUTORIAL up as a "we know how these two work" for now. There are more options than what I've posted, and more to be discovered. But for now - these two work.

Well they sure don't work for me, the camera icon doesn't appear, using the attachment icon, like I used to, gets me the "Unknown Error" box.

southkogs

Staff member
jimmbo - If you haven't tried logging out and logging back in, give that a whirl. If that doesn't seem to change the look of things, then try clearing your browser cache. Those two items have helped fix the main issues for people.

Otherwise, what browser are you using?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
iboats_tim

Yep - Unknown Error using Internet Explorer 11.

Firefox works, Chrome works, but not IE11 for attaching pics.

Thanks for what may be a clue, jimmbo.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
A lot of things don’t work well, or don’t work at all in IE11.

southkogs

Staff member
NYBo - I can't tell you what happened there, but I saw your post with the attachment. In the text body, it had an image marker but the tug image was not there. I hit "EDIT" ... and everything looked right ... hit "SAVE" and now it looks right.

Not sure what happened there, but I think you did everything right.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
NYBo - I can't tell you what happened there, but I saw your post with the attachment. In the text body, it had an image marker but the tug image was not there. I hit "EDIT" ... and everything looked right ... hit "SAVE" and now it looks right.

Not sure what happened there, but I think you did everything right.

I tried the edit as well, but didn't have the same luck as you, SK. It never showed until I looked now.

I think sometimes there is a delay before images are displayed in the forum. It looks OK for the poster, but it takes a little time before the pic shows for the rest of us. This occasionally happened before the upgrade, but the delay was shorter.

More adjustments needed. No, not like this :ranger: Like this :smash: :tongue:

NYBo

Admiral
Yes, my test was "painful" last night trying to post that image. When I selected a size, it added a second image (thumbnail?) and the page took a few minutes to actually post. This was shortly after the entire forum site appeared to be down for a while.

southkogs

Staff member
Yeah, the store and forum were a disaster for the better portion of the day yesterday. I don't think things were "working" until close to 9PM Central. Before that was pretty hit and miss ... well, maybe "miss and miss by more."

alldodge

Staff member
Tried another pic and IE11 is giving me an unknown error. Will try again in a week or so

alldodge

Staff member
AD - Can you download Firefox or Chrome and try. Firefox has been working well and I haven't been able to use IE for pic posting.

I can, but not going to do it, want to stick with IE.
Will try again next month, but sure miss being able to upload pics
The guys will fix it some day I'm sure