Subscribe and unsubscribe

iboats_tim

User
My subscription to this post worked. After the fix was implemented yesterday, clicking the "subscribe" button resulted in the button turning red and displaying "subscribed" with a check mark (previously, clicking that button didn't do anything for me). This morning I see the subscription update in my notifications. Can you let me know if you guys aren't seeing what I'm seeing?

southkogs

Staff member
Can you let me know if you guys aren't seeing what I'm seeing?
iboats_tim - I did some testing with my alter-ego.

I'm get notifications for everything here on the forum (up in the right corner at my logon, I get the number in the circle). Still no email notifications for me on anything, but I've had mine turned off except for PMs. I'm not getting email notifications for PMs either at the moment, though.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
iboats_tim
Just checked today, I got the red avatar indicator, checked it and it was for "iboats_tim and 2 others have...." you know, activity in this thread.. lol
All good there as far as I can tell

I clicked the subscribe button yesterday after your fix, and it did change as expected and show me as subscribed.
Still shows the same today, All good there as far as I can tell.

Still some issues with the subscription section of my profile, but I'd bet that's a different set of code, and would be a different "Ticket" if you will..

That said, the subscribe button, and avatar notifications seem to be working as they should for me now...

Thank you!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Still some issues with the subscription section of my profile, but I'd bet that's a different set of code, and would be a different "Ticket" if you will..

Well? This thread is for Subscription issues. Watta you got?

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Some of this may be me needing to figure out the new forum, but here's some screenshots to help me describe what I'm seeing anyway..

edit_subscription_list.png

Above is the "Edit Subscriptions" page. #1 and #2 don't match up. Not sure if they should, but #1 has not changed since before the update. I have successfully subscribed to 2 threads now since the update, but #1 above does not seem to reflect that.
I imagine #2 is a count of what is shown based on the filter, and #1 is probably total subscription count.
That's my guess anyway... lol

The list doesn't seem to be sorted quite right when I load it.. I have to click #3 above to sort it, then it looks about right..

The main list:
When I first go into my profile, and then click #1 above, I get to the main subscription page below:

main_subscription_list.png

I didn't think I was getting any updates in here, but it looks like it's just not sorted...
Here I've highlighted the date/time of GA's comment, but it's further down in the list..
Above GA's very recent post, it's showing me posts from earlier in December..

I don't currently see how to sort this list.. Maybe it's there and I'm missing it?

Does this make sense? LOL
Thanks guys!!
I appreciate it!:D

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
No, I haven't started following any members as of yet, so that is showing 0 as expected.

GA_Boater

OK. My suggestion is don't subscribe to so many threads. :smile: Really, unsub to some of the old ones that are dead now.

In the pic with my post time boxed, the list is sorted by thread start date/time, ascending order. Is this your activity tab?

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
OK. My suggestion is don't subscribe to so many threads. :smile: Really, unsub to some of the old ones that are dead now.

In the pic with my post time boxed, the list is sorted by thread start date/time, ascending order. Is this your activity tab?

LOL!! Yeah, I do have a lot of subscriptions... Was thinking of cleaning some out.. haha..

Anyway, no, this isn't my activity tab..
I got to that screen by:

1) Hover over name in upper right
2) On popup menu that appears, click "Your Iboats" (with my name under it)
This brings me to my profile, on the "Your Iboats" tab.
3) Click the box on left that has "XXX Forum Subscriptions" (where XXX = 100 in my case)

That's how I got to the list above with your post time boxed..
My "Activity" shows different in that it shows the things I've typed into threads...

The other picture I added with the 1,2,3 boxes on it, I got to by clicking the "Edit Subscribed" button on the page with your date/time boxed in..

Does that help?

southkogs

Staff member

Anyway, no, this isn't my activity tab...
.... That's how I got to the list above with your post time boxed..
My "Activity" shows different in that it shows the things I've typed into threads...

The "My Activity" tab and the "My Subscriptions" list look pretty similar. You'll really only know the difference by knowing your subscriptions and/or how ya' got there.

GA_Boater

The "My Activity" tab and the "My Subscriptions" list look pretty similar. You'll really only know the difference by knowing your subscriptions and/or how ya' got there.

Good point and we can't look at this in any profile except our own.

southkogs

Staff member
Good point and we can't look at this in any profile except our own.
Sorry - not quite what I meant. We can actually go into each other's profile, and see the other's activity (I looked at yours and jbuote's). But I can't go in and look at your subscriptions (and the list of posts in those subscriptions).

If you/someone posts a screenshot of that feed, I can't tell which it is unless they identify it (or I just happen to know how they got to it).