Subscribe and unsubscribe

Stumpalump

Chief Petty Officer
Subscribing to threads is as easy as hitting the subscribe tab at the top of a thread. Now you will get updates in you inbox and can check the threads you found of interest. Just as nice is you can unsubscribe when you are done or bored with a topic. One I got rid of was "what do you pull your boat with". It just got too many posts and I can check it later. Others are restoration or repair threads. Some I love to follow but if they get to blingy I unsubscribe or if they are a cobbled up mess I unsubscribe to them as well. So simple to click and un click threads you want to follow without wading thru all of the threads. Who else uses that feature? I'm going to use it more since this site makes it so easy.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Been using it sinice day one. Also, when you post to a thread you are automatically subscribed.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Been using it sinice day one. Also, when you post to a thread you are automatically subscribed.

If I'm not mistaken, thats only if you have your profile setup as auto-subrcribe when posting. Or at least it was.......

I dont use subscribe any more. Everytime I log on, my forum bookmark is to the recent posts page.

Occasionally I'll have to scroll back a page to see the 1st post since I last viewed a topic, but usually just a post or 2 back....

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Is there any known issue with subscribing to a thread manually?
I replied to a thread, and then clicked the "Subscribe" button as I used to..
It didn't change to subscribed... Still says subscribe..
There haven't been any posts in it since mine yet, but I'd think the button would indicate if I'm subscribed or not...
I'll edit this with more info when/if another reply happens and if I get notification or not...

Currently using:
Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 15.15063

Just seems like the button either isn't subscribing me, or it isn't reflecting the subscribed state..
More info to follow..

Edit 1) I clicked subscribe to this thread, and it still says subscribe.. Perfect test when a response happens here..
I'll let you know if I get notified at all... :D

Last edited:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
I was/am having the same problem. Sometimes I get subscribed and sometimes I don't. The button used to turn yellow when subscribed, but not since the update a few days ago.

southkogs

Staff member
I'm not sure that subscriptions have been fixed just yet - I'm not getting any notices via email right now. Check you subscriptions in your profile and make sure they're marked properly, but for the moment NOT getting them is probably normal.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
As far as email notifications - Not currently working for anything. Being worked on, but no mfix yet.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Ok, I'll expect no email notifications in the immediate future..

However, the subscribe button isn't working either... At least for me...
I click it, it doesn't appear to do anything, and my subscriptions in my profile do not change..
I don't see this thread for instance in subscriptions of mine.
Also, I don't get the red number on my avatar indicating new activity in a subscription.

I DO however, get the red number on the avatar for those subscriptions I started before the update, so it' seems like it's just the subscribe button isn't completing it's job since the update...

No biggie to me right now.. Just figured you folks would like to know.. lol..

GA_Boater

Ok, I'll expect no email notifications in the immediate future..

However, the subscribe button isn't working either... At least for me...
I click it, it doesn't appear to do anything, and my subscriptions in my profile do not change..
I don't see this thread for instance in subscriptions of mine.
Also, I don't get the red number on my avatar indicating new activity in a subscription.

I DO however, get the red number on the avatar for those subscriptions I started before the update, so it' seems like it's just the subscribe button isn't completing it's job since the update...

No biggie to me right now.. Just figured you folks would like to know.. lol..

iboats_tim Interesting observation.

Old subscriptions are still working and new ones aren't. It does seem the Subscription button code isn't doing it's job.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well that was strange.....
I got the red number on my avatar for your comment there GA_Boater
That's the first time I've seen that on anything I've clicked subscribe on since the update..
So something in the subscribe button worked..

Still do not see any activity for this thread in my profile "Subscriptions" area though...
I must be at least partially subscribed to get the number on avatar, but no other indications of being subscribed to anything since update...
(Button still says subscribe, no activity listed in profile area etc... )

Again, not complaining.. Rather trying to provide the best info I can for iboats_tim

Hope it helps!!! lol :D

GA_Boater

Sub/Unsub seems to be working, I have this thread/posts showing in my Subscription list. Sub/Unsub button is flipping as it should.

southkogs

Staff member
I'm actually thinking notifications aren't working now.
iboats_tim GA_Boater - did you guys get notifications at your login? I haven't been since the weekend.

GA_Boater

No notification and Mentions are all I have turned on. I got a PM ping (red number) earlier today and I've had Mention pings since the upgrade but no Mention pings since the forum came back last evening.

southkogs

Staff member
Yup - I'm not getting the red number anymore either. Let alone the emails.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Just popped back in...
I saw the red number on my avatar when I refreshed, and then opened this thread..
Unfortunately, I don't know if it was notifying of activity, or the mention by iboats_tim .

Next time, I'll click the avatar red number to see what it's notifying me of..

In the mean time, the button is now showing me subscribed as I'd expect.
In my profile, it shows I have 100 subscriptions.
Same as before the update. By subscribing and the button working, but subscription count did not increment like expected.
No additional info in there, so that part still not working right.

Also, no email notification, but I wasn't expecting that since it's known to not be working at the moment anyway, so that's a mute point. LOL

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'll add that I'm actually seeing information in "My Subscriptions" when I click the "Edit Subscriptions" button.
I do see this thread, and then I subscribed to another, and see that one in there too..
I guess I must have missed it before, or something has changed since my last post here..
That said, the box with my subscription count still says 100, so that's not changing yet..

As said before, I did get the red number, but not sure what it was telling me as I clicked into this thread..
I will watch for the red number again and see what's it's telling me next time.
(There hasn't been any activity in any of my subscriptions since my last post here, so I'm waiting for that result.. )

Just an FYI update...