Critical Errors?

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I had several hours of CE errors last evening but all seems okay now.

I guess this must have happened... :eek: :lol:

hammer.jpg

Attachments

• hammer.jpg
    hammer.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Our expert is hard at work on this issue.

03-16t-hammer.gif

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Had a spate of critical errors just now... starting a bit before 4 pm CDT.

UPDATE: Still getting a ton of CEs...

aspeck

Staff member
It seems a download in preparation for an upgrade to better the forum and website is the culprit for the latest round of CE's. Hang in there, gang, it is going to get better!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the critical errors started at about 4:45pm EDT.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Heavy sigh. :blue:

I was trying to put in a big reply on my Kingfisher thread late last night. Kept getting the error shown in the screen shot below. After a few attempts I opened up a new iboats instance and got Critical Error. Yeahhh... breakin' my heart over here.

It was after midnight so I just let my browser sit with the pending post overnight. It did successfully post when I tried this morning, so that's some good news.

I don't know the relationship of the pictured error and the Critical Error, but thought I'd let y'all know.

error.jpg

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's the same error, just occurring at a different location in the forum coding, so the error message is from the failing code module.

The error you show is from a failed AutoSave or post attempt, whereas a critical error is for a failed forum login or forum section/post opening. They all mean the same thing - It's not workin'. :facepalm:

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well, it's been a while...
​Things have been great!!

Nothing major per se', but, just fyi... Started getting the CE's again tonight at about 8:25pm Eastern.
​Nothing constant, and usually a refresh (4-5 refreshes at most) gets me back to the forum, but it's still occasionally happening now that it's 11:17pm Eastern.

​Figured you folks might want to know about that..