Web Slowness Issues.-

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Was wondering if Iboats forum page has been having slowness response issues lately ? Although can access general forum topics sometimes can't open individual topics including strange behaviour.

Happy Boating

Fun Times

Staff member
A couple of the guys were asking the same question to the forum Adim team earlier too but thus far there hasn't been any responses probably due to it being a weekend now....But typically when the forum acts up like that it usually has something to do with some backstage computer updates / small changes going on and tends to really slow things down for a bit.

Hope the working system is all good on your end now.

southkogs

Staff member
I've been having two concurrent issues, from which I can't tell the one giving me more headaches. One is connection speed; Comcast get's a little flaky sometimes and I have 3 teenagers/20-somethings chewing up bandwidth in this house. Add to that what JB said above, and I've got several strains of weirdness when I'm online.

The second issue I seem to be having with some websites (weather.com being one for certain) is that Safari (Mac browser) is not functioning well with the site. It'll work in Chrome, but not in Safari. I haven't had any known issues with iBoats, but some of the places I've had trouble with took me a bit to figure out it was the browser.

YMMV :)

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Strange behaviour is :

When finishing typing text and Post Reply is clicked, the system goesn into eternal "working situation" if double clicking surely will double post. Need to go the the Forums botton at upper page, click on the topic to see already posted there.

When typing at a topic to post it latter, "the entered content was automatically saved" is displayed, when clicking the Restore button, text is not seen, or partially seen, most of the times re directs to the main page, so useless.

The slowness could be part on my side, internet tech has done some system adjustmentents and now running full 32 MB on a wireless Lap-Top. Both are minor issues you can live with...

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Still have issues editing saved entered text that was not posted. When clicking Restore button, can see entered text for some seconds, then dissapears and re directs to the topic were it was saved. Is someone else experincing same issue ?

Happy Boating

southkogs

Staff member
iboats_tim

I'm having the same slowness issue: In Safari on the Mac, I get the eternal "working" flag - and interestingly, if I try restoring previously typed text the flag shows up before I post reply. Google Chrome is a little faster, and it will restore about half of what I typed previously.

I know my internet connection is good - just transferred a couple hundred MB with no issue.

Sea Rider, sumthin's funky. It's not just you.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Can live with all those issues described before, but the ineffectiveness of the Restore botton really drives me cracy. To avoid that now type text on word, copy and paste it directly on the post.. I?m using Google Chrome.

Happy Boating

iboats_tim

User
We actually had some things go haywire last week on the forums...and it was a result of me messing with some settings to try and fix the "working" hangup issue that has been happening all to often lately. Our whole development team is currently all-in on some other site improvements but I have been insistent that updates/upgrades to the forums come next.

It also doesn't help that our servers in general have been slow (I believe we are making upgrades there as well). I will run some maintenance tonight to clean up what I can but it will unfortunately be some time before I am able to get some programmatic help here. I promise it is coming though!

Alumarine

Captain
I often receive this message lately. Just wondering if the problem was on my end or yours?
cheers

Critical Error

[FONT=&quot]We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back in 24 hours.[/FONT]

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Marc,

Yes, including that one too and previously posted issues.

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Hi all, was wondering if Iboats forum page has been having slowness response issues lately or it's entirely on my part ?

Happy Boating

southkogs

Staff member
Feels okay now, but it was running a little slow for me earlier today. I'd watch for consistency over a day or two.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Is it possible to fix the Restore Button, isn't working properly, when you have written something and was not post replied and happens to have closed the post and reopened it latter, when clicking the Restore Button will see what's posted for about 2 secs and instantly the system will re direct to the topic, so useless and much frustrating to see and not be able to post. Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Very very slow today

Thanks Jimmbo, good to know about that, so patience is key. Would like to know if you guys are having issues with the Restore Button once written data is posted but was not "Post Reply" and want to recuperate latter ?

Happy Boating

southkogs

Staff member
Is it possible to fix the Restore Button, isn't working properly, when you have written something and was not post replied and happens to have closed the post and reopened it latter, when clicking the Restore Button will see what's posted for about 2 secs and instantly the system will re direct to the topic, so useless and much frustrating to see and not be able to post. Happy Boating
It's on a list of stuff being worked on. Probably not going to be as fast as we'd like, but they do have the bug on the list.

Speed has been up and down for me.

blomo

Recruit
For me it works very good. I visit this page very often but I've never noticed any slowness.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Now it's working fast and neat, hurrah!! Have even restored the oneself edit bottom which is a plus, thanks Iboats !!

Happy Boating

someone11

Petty Officer 1st Class
I still have the hanging post issue if you call it that. I make a post and a little box at the top says "working" and it just hangs there. What I do is make the post then open another tab and double check the post was made. So far every time I go and check the post was there.