New Members - Welcome To The iBOATS Forum - Introduce Yourself And Say Hello

southkogs

Staff member
:welcome:

Howdy Sean. Hope the project is atypical ... easy and cheap :)

Prarie Guy

Seaman Apprentice
Hi I had not noticed this forum earlier I have been reading a lot of the threads for the last 3 months or so and joined a month or so back. My brother had fixed up a 14 ft. SS last year and I got bitten by the bug. So I found an 18 ft. SS this summer and bought it with the intention of fixing it up. I knew going in that the floor was done and the transom questionable. Back in the day I spent a lot of time in an old 17 ft. wood boat (really nice boat). So boating and fishing are not new to me but I have been away from owning a boat for a long time. The plan is have the boat ready to go in the spring. Currently I have an empty hull with a new transom so still quite a ways to go.

Gary

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Glad to to have ya, PG.

I see you checked out the Starcraft forum. The most popular SC there are SS'es in different flavors.

Skipper Sean

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Welcome aboard, Sean.

Many of us find the forum after buying a boat and finding issues needing answers. Hope yours are small and easy to take care of.
Ga_Boater
I pretty much knew what I was getting into when I bought this 30 + year old fiberglass boat. I just liked the looks of it and thought it was cool. Well the wife fell in love with it when I towed her home. But of course it?s floors and stringers and foam and I guess this weekend I?ll find out if it is transom repair too. But even if it is I?m going to fix it.

grampadirt

Cadet
Hi fellas,joined your site while searching for info on a '84 Galaxy I bought in July.I got it real cheap knowing it needed work but was up to the task.For a little 2.5l four banger it goes pretty good,been to a local lake a few times now.I do have a question though but will post it in the OMC threads.Anyway glad to be here :)

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hi fellas,joined your site while searching for info on a '84 Galaxy I bought in July.
Welcome grampadirt, how's Joe?
latest

GA_Boater

Hi fellas,joined your site while searching for info on a '84 Galaxy I bought in July.I got it real cheap knowing it needed work but was up to the task.For a little 2.5l four banger it goes pretty good,been to a local lake a few times now.I do have a question though but will post it in the OMC threads.Anyway glad to be here :)

:welcome: to the forum, grampadirt.

I like your username. :smile:

You're in the right place for help. We do our best.

grampadirt

Cadet
I'm a grampa & ride a dirt bike....:) also taught three granddaughters how to ride.

And thanks for the warm welcome

Stonemil79

Recruit
I'll need PLENTY of help soon enough. I'll just answer the thread while I'm here though. Questions can come later. New to boating. Just got (Appologies. My terminology is laughable) a 1969 Duo I/O 21' with 120hp Merc I4. Model is DV-200-IO. Boat needs COMPLETE resto from the stringers up! So right now I'm in the research and planning stages. Fantastic resource!! Very happy to find you all.

Dot's Yot

Cadet
New to the forums, and somewhat new to boating. Just towed a 1976 Ebko 17 foot trihull home, that was my grandparent's boat originally, which I've since inherited. Excited to discover these forums and will be sharing my boat's story and photos soon!

Tnstratofam

Commander
Welcome aboard. You've found the best place on the web for everything boat related.

Dot's Yot

Cadet
Thanks, it seems like it! Can't believe I can order a new latch for the cowling on a '76 Evinrude.

GA_Boater

Welcome to the forum, Dot.

You can probably order a whole new 1976 Evinrude - One piece at a time! LOL

Navy diver

Recruit
Thx for the add. I’d like to be crappie fishing during this pandemic, but this 67 Johnson CD-24 6 hp needs much love. The gear case had only water, and the recoil starter binds badly, making it difficult to pull.

GA_Boater

Howdy, Diver.

Hope you get the recoil starter working. A couple of dozen crappie are looking for your hook.

:welcome: