Random

WIMUSKY

Staff member
16oz to 6gals has worked for decades. If mine was a 2 stroke I'd stick with that formula.... 😁

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Actually there are two versions of this "nonsense" verbiage. The first one is also amazing and I think a lot better then this guy's rendition. But I figured you all have probably heard the first one. So I posted this one. Amazing how fluid he can speak about absolutely nothing.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The original was about an advanced automatic transmission. I think. :unsure: It's been a long time.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Yes, GA _Boater you are correct. This is the original and I still have to laugh every time I watch it. Brilliant!

64osby

Admiral
Was on a Cruise once that hit some high seas. It was fun watching the dance floor all move ten steps to the left or right.

Big lines at the infirmary for a couple days.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Sun shines on Biloxi
Air is filled with vapors from the sea
Boy will dig a pool beside the ocean
He sees creatures from his dream underwater
And the sun will set from off towards New Orleans
Stars can see Biloxi
Stars can find their faces in the sea
We are walking down beside the ocean
We are splashing naked in the water
And the sky is red from off towards New Orleans
And the sky is red from off towards New Orleans
Down around Biloxi
Pretty girls are swimming in the sea
They all look like sisters in the ocean
The boy will fill his pail with salty water
And the storms will blow from off toward New Orleans

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I figured I'd post ONE of my other projects since I finished now. This is a Steam Engine that actually works that I owned for decades. Problem was, I stored it in the same shop cabinet as my PC board etching equipment with some Ferric Chloride liquid that wasn't sealed. When I opened the cabinet one day looking for something, I noticed EVERYTHING metal in that cabinet was total rust and corroded...yes, sadly to say, even my steam engine.

I set it on my work bench so I wouldn't forget to refurbish back to like new. It stayed there for many many months. I tried to work in the project as I had a little time here and there. I had to totally sand (media) blast all of it to bare metal and polish some, while plating some and painting other parts and even powder coat some parts. Well I finished it and it look pretty nice...again. It is now just going to be a display piece in the house.... Here are a few pictures.

Steam Engine Refurbished (1).JPG
All assembled and I even used some flat paint to simulate soot on the chimney.
Steam Engine Refurbished (2).JPG
More little parts then it initially looked.
Steam Engine Refurbished (3).JPG
I used a hammer tone paint for the base. It pretty much looks original.
Steam Engine Refurbished (4).JPG
The flash shows a little more detail. I realize this is one of my toys. But some folks like such toys. Nice to have it look good again and move on to another project. They never end...cross this one off the long list!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I figured I'd post ONE of my other projects since I finished now. This is a Steam Engine that actually works that I owned for decades. Problem was, I stored it in the same shop cabinet as my PC board etching equipment with some Ferric Chloride liquid that wasn't sealed. When I opened the cabinet one day looking for something, I noticed EVERYTHING metal in that cabinet was total rust and corroded...yes, sadly to say, even my steam engine.

I set it on my work bench so I wouldn't forget to refurbish back to like new. It stayed there for many many months. I tried to work in the project as I had a little time here and there. I had to totally sand (media) blast all of it to bare metal and polish some, while plating some and painting other parts and even powder coat some parts. Well I finished it and it look pretty nice...again. It is now just going to be a display piece in the house.... Here are a few pictures.

View attachment 338477
View attachment 338478
View attachment 338479
View attachment 338480
The flash shows a little more detail. I realize this is one of my toys. But some folks like such toys. Nice to have it look good again and move on to another project. They never end...cross this one off the long list!
Don't know where, but I'm pretty sure I've seen one of those... Possibility my father had one as a boy

southkogs

Staff member

View attachment 338477
View attachment 338478
View attachment 338479
View attachment 338480
Dad had (Mom has) one of those! It was on the half wall to our basement when I was growing up in Detroit, and now it's on a shelf at Mom's. I used to turn the wheel by hand all the time as a kid. Dad and I fired it up a couple of times, but not too often.

Looks great gm!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Thanks everyone. Yes, it is a Jensen model like you posted. I wish I would have taken a before shot. But like I usually do, I do the refurbishing and then think about a before shot. But in all, I learned a lesson to not leave Ferric Chloride open even if it is in a PC etching tub with a loose fitting cover. The fumes will corrode everything before you know it. The steam engine was one big rust bucket. Didn't even look like anything it was so bad. Yes, I like such toys and even have a nice Big Bang Conestoga L10FC Carbine Cannon as well. Yeah, I haven't grown up yet!