Random

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Putting the top on project I'll be on for this next year . Everything is virtual now days .. Gunna be a nice building when we finish ..
You can skim through the long intro and cut the vid in half ..
If your interested ...

MRS

Commander
And now this for our golfer friends...

A golfer is in a competitive match with a friend, who is ahead by a couple of strokes. "Boy, I'd give anything to sink this putt", the golfer mumbles to himself.

Just then, a stranger walks up beside him and whispers, "Would you be willing to give up a quarter of your sex life to sink the putt?"

Thinking the man is crazy and his answer will be meaningless, the golfer also feels that maybe this is a good omen, so he says, "Sounds good to me," and promptly sinks the putt!

Two holes later, he mumbles to himself again, "Gosh, I wish I could get an eagle on this one."

The same stranger is suddenly at his side again and whispers, "Would it be worth giving up another quarter of your sex life to make an eagle?"

Shrugging, the golfer replies, "Okay." And, amazingly, he makes the eagle.

On the final hole, the golfer needs another eagle to win. Without waiting for him to say anything, the stranger quickly moves to his side and says, "Would winning this match be worth giving up the rest of your sex life?"

"Definitely," the golfer replies, and sure enough he makes the eagle and wins the match.

As the golfer is walking to the club house, the stranger walks along beside him and says, "I haven't really been fair with you because you don't know who I am. I'm Satan, and from this day forward you really will have no sex life at all."

"Nice to meet you," the golfer replies. "I'm Father O'Malley."
I just joined the fatherhood! 😛

MRS

Commander
Putting the top on project I'll be on for this next year . Everything is virtual now days .. Gunna be a nice building when we finish ..
You can skim through the long intro and cut the vid in half ..
If your interested ...
I do donate to saint Judes for the kids child good for you I am proud of you 👍

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Don't know if anyone is interested or even has a need for such. But I had an OLD Craftsman tool stool with the pneumatic post up/down adjuster that stopped adjusting many many years ago. So I decided to fix it. However I had no idea what type pneumatic post to buy for a replacement. And the seat part (wood part) was mush and didn't offer much to sit on anymore. I guess letting it out in the weather wasn't a grand idea.
Well I searched the net and of course got a zillion hits for them. But not knowing which one it took, I tried to measure and search that way. It had both ends tapered and I had no idea which diameter to use for a replacement. And the cost were pretty high considering what the initial stool costs (years ago) Then I found one on Evil Bay and it was really cheap. I think about $12 or $13 dollars. So I thought what the heck, I try it for that price.
Well to make long story longer, It came it really quickly (from an American vender) and amazingly the exact perfect fit. Now I am cutting out a new seat and painting the rest of the stool as well. No more out in the weather...at least 'til the newness wears off... DoH!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
The Throne of Sir John Harrington
by Ellen Castelow
Sir John Harrington (aka Harington) was a poet – an amateur and not very successful one! But his poetry was not why he would be remembered. Something much more ‘down to earth’ was to be his legacy.

He invented the lavatory!

He was a godson of Queen Elizabeth I, but he had been banished from court for telling risqué stories, and exiled to Kelston near Bath.

During his ‘exile’, 1584-91, he built himself a house, and devised and installed the first flushing lavatory, which he named Ajax.

Eventually Queen Elizabeth forgave him, and visited his house at Kelston in 1592.

Harrington proudly showed-off his new invention, and the Queen herself tried it out! She was so impressed it seems, that she ordered one for herself.

His water-closet had a pan with an opening at the bottom, sealed with a leather -faced valve. A system of handles, levers and weights poured in water from a cistern, and opened the valve.

In spite of the Queen’s enthusiasm for this new invention, the public remained faithful to the chamber-pot.

These were usually emptied from an upstairs window into the street below, and in France, the cry ‘gardez-l’eau’ gave warning to the people below to take evasive action. This phrase ‘gardez-l’eau’ may have been the origin of the English nickname for the lavatory, the ‘loo’.

Source: theplumber.com

cummingswatercloset.gif

Cumming’s water closet patented in 1775
(source: https://www.theplumber.com/closet.html)

It was almost two hundred years later in 1775 that a flushing water-closet was first patented by an Alexander Cummings of London, a device similar to Harrington’s Ajax.

In 1848 a Public Health Act ruled that every new house should have a ‘ w.c., privy, or ash-pit’. It had taken nearly 250 years for Sir John Harrington’s water closet to become universal …it cannot be said that the British embrace all new inventions with enthusiasm, despite Royal Approval!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I just read a NEWS story about used Coleman type fuel canisters. Seems nobody will accept them once they are used up and empty. So people are cleverly disposing them in the woods, on river weedy sand bar and islands and even in the large rivers and lakes. The metal recycling places refuse to take them unless there is an obvious hole in them. But since it states on the canisters "Do not heat or put in fire or puncture" nobody will take them. Seems to me a safe shoot range, setting them up at 100 yards, would love to punch holes in them... IDK. Seems people make rules and laws without thinking beyond today and their noses...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Every now and then you run across something that just is interesting. Watch. Illusions are everything...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Anyone in the path of this mess tomorrow/nite, hold on to your shorts with both hands. GA, Southkogs, I'm in a motorhome. 'Should go north of 'Speck20210316_205856.jpg