Shelter Bay Washington several boats on fire right now

blackhawk180

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Shelter Bay Washington several boats on fire right now

Oh man, that's too bad. There's some nice looking boats there and the fire equipment being used would barely put out a campfire. Let's hope they can at least save the other boats because the ones on fire are a total loss.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

What horrible pictures. As we all know.......more than likely FULL fuel tanks in most of them. I guess the only bright spot is that they were not occupied so no lives were lost.

thumpar

Admiral

They had it on our local news last night. The thing I find weird is they complained about lack of water. I can't believe they aren't setup to pull water from the harbor.

Fun Times

Staff member

They had it on our local news last night.
The fire had made late breaking news here in southern California as well. I guess one of the local news crew team members likes boats too.:cool:

bigdirty

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Always scarey to see boats on fire.. once they get going like that there really is no saving them. :( Had a similar incident at a local marina here a few years back, 2 35-40' boats went to the bottom, and a third was badly damaged. I ended up checking out one of the big burned out boats at a local wrecking yard a few months later.. just shame to see..