The passing of Don S

Bondo

Staff member
Re: The passing of Don S

I remember when it changed from "read first" or whatever it was called, and then saw his note that it was changed..
I almost had a heart attack thinking the wealth of info had moved.

You take care of yourself Bond 0...
The forum can't take another hit like Don leaving us...

Ayuh,.... I had those sorta feelin's durin' the several Mercruiser Manual Debacles,......

All the manuals,....

None of the manuals,... (at this point, I had that sinkin' feelin', til Don assured me the information was still available to Me)

Most of the manuals,...

None of the manuals,....

Now yer at most of the manuals, 'n most are somewhat serviceable,...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks to Don and you and a bunch of ya I was lucky enough to get the entire manual I needed at the time.
It's funny how you belong to a forum like this and you become friends with a name on a screen, you learn their sense of humor, or lack of..lol
You get to a point where you just expect them to be on the other end typing out and responding.
But when you learn of a loss like this, it just ain't the same..
That's why I posted a thread to thank some of the members that made a difference to me..
Don't want my green online button extinguished without a thank you .

bear_69cuda

Commander

Just made this sad discovery today... I've not been very active on the forum lately. Thank you Don for all the advice and knowledge you shared with myself and other forum members... You will be missed!

Peace brutha!

DayCruiser

Ensign

Wow I didn't know this either. The man helped me out a lot on here. My sympathies to his family and coworkers on here.

Golflover

Seaman

So sorry to hear of Don's passing. Frankly, I loved his curt approach. By and large he was always spot on. He taught me about several nuances about my boat. I'm grateful for all his hard work and sincere input. RIP, Don.

Gradywhite3535

Chief Petty Officer

I'm deeply saddened when I read this horrible news. When I saw it i first thought I recognized the username. Don helped me out two times. I just bought my boat over the summer and didnt know one thing about about boats. Long story short he helped me out and he even drew up a whole diagram for me. RIP don you will be missed

Last edited:

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

I usually just check the restoration threads, so i cant believe i am just now discovering this sad news. Don went out of his way to help me with my boat wiring (he basically did my entire wiring diagram for me). What a great legacy he leaves behind. If he positively impacted this many people on an internet forum, i cant imagine how he touched those who had the blessing of knowing him personally.

a2dubnut

Seaman Apprentice

Haven't logged on in a while and just came across this. Though I haven't been on the boards long, it was very apparent Don was held highly by all here. :(
Fair Winds and Calm Seas, Don.

gn85

Cadet

I came to this forum as a newbie and like many, had a thousand questions. Don S answered several of my questions. I've never met, nor spoken to Don, but I'm thankful for his help in my first boating years.

This is the first time I've seen this thread. My prayers and condolences.

Stearns250

Seaman Apprentice
I hope I am not out of line, but 5 years later and this guy has helped me so much with my boat, I just want to say thank you don s and wow I got some good laughs reading some of his posts. Even 5 years later and he is still helping people. He might be gone physically but his words of wisdom still live on.