Pretty ticked off!

SWD

Petty Officer 1st Class
Third week-end in a row that we wanted to head out to the lake but the weather is holding us back. All week is nice, then the one day you want to go, it rains and thunder storms. Wasnt worth buying a boat for this experience.:blue:

sam60

Captain
Re: Pretty ticked off!

It will get better, patience.

aspeck

Staff member

That first nice day will be worth the wait!

DayCruiser

Ensign

Takes a lot of rain to keep the Lakes full here, so no way will I complain

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Daddy always told me better pissed off than pissed on. He said never play log on fire, so I stay off the water in storms.

carribbean soul

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thats what sick days are for! In the airline biz its called positive space vacation.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I splashed last week, 70 degrees, turned out to be a short day, this week we have 90 degree days all week and it should get the water into the mid 60's.

Of course for me the higher temps also mean increased fire danger and so I may be working wildland fires but oh well thats the chance you take right?

bekosh

Lieutenant

Just get a bigger boat and a slip at the marina. At least you can put the canvas up and drink beer on the boat while you watch it rain. :D

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have been in dry dock for the last 19 months, when I get finished in the next few weeks I expect a snow storm or a hurricane here in Kansas. LMAO

It will get better.

SWD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Had splash day about 4 weeks ago and we were barely in the water 2 hours when it started to cloud over and thunder and rain. Wasnt enough time to get familiarised with the vessel (purchased last fall and used twice before freeze up). My son, Mark, 15, has his licence too and I want him to get used to handling a bigger vessel. Just so frustrating.....work all week and then when you get time its raining! Just had to rant!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

You just need to get your priorities in order. I’ve not boated on weekends in 10 years......lol

aspeck

Staff member

I prefer boating Mon -Wed ... Less crowded that way. I think I have boated my home lake 3 weekends in the past 5 years ... Not counting hunting Nov - Feb when there are not too many boats on the lake!

SWD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Our local lake is crowded when there are more than 3 boats at any given time. The nature of my work only lets me take one day off a week, so its usually a Sunday.