Why can't I find a good deal... ever?

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Why can't I find a good deal... ever?

so Waterman and Woodsyfeller could make a deal.....sorry just struck me as funny with those two screen names.

BTW Woodsy says to take his boat but I think he's being sneaky....his signature says no free boat ...LOL

it's early and I must admit I am easily entertained. LOL

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Yah, the title problem came up later during the negotiations on the price, not really the exact order I put things in on the post. The no titles was just stuck in the front of my brain when making the post so I had to get it out first. :rolleyes: No titles would fit in right after my 600 offer actually and was definitely a good reason to walk.

nwcove

Admiral

from my experience......good deals only come along when you're not looking!

waterinthefuel

Commander

I've been pissing off lots of boat sellers in my area on craigslist lately. The ones that are astronomically priced are the best ones. Dude had an old 25 Merc, from like the mid 80s and it looked like it had been drug behind the truck instead of placed in it, and it didn't run right, needed carb work, and this cat wanted 1750 bucks for it. I told him in pristine condition it was worth maybe 1000, rough like it is but running maybe 500, but it was never worth 1750. I never heard back from him.

Watermann

Some schlub will fork over the cash anyway I'm sure. That Merc sounds more like a 200 buck fixer upper to me. Don't think I would have wasted my time calling to tell him he's full of it.

Watermann

Today I got a line on a free 71 Bayliner that's 17' of rot bucket with a cracked merc cruiser... One of those please haul it off deals I think. Sheesh... Something tells me that isn't a good deal either.

Watermann

Ya gotta kiss a lot of toads....

Too funny!!! not to mention oh so right.

Thinking I will take some advice and join up on CL then post a wanted in the boat ads to see what comes my way. Have them come to me sounds like a better idea and a different direction to take the hunt.

woodsyfeller

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Have to watch out for those "Free boats" they will cost at least a 100 bucks to take to the dump. Just make sure you can sell a 100 bucks in parts to break even for the dump run.

Watermann

Well the guy called me back now wants to take my 600 for the 1970ish Starcraft Chieftan 18' with 2 120 iron dukes, 3 merc cruiser outdrives and he will get titles for boat and trailer.

Here's a pic, what do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger and join the Starmada?

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

if he can get the titles, then I would bite on that, looks like a good deal

nwcove

Admiral

looks like it has potential !

jbcurt00

Staff member

If titled, yep, nice possibilities...

Watermann

If titled, yep, nice possibilities...

Hey you made the rounds. I posted up the pic on my resto thread too. I think she has potential but I'm going to have to buy some mercruiser manuals now. This one may take a bit more time, at least 4 months...:laugh: