Left turn racing

Tyme2fish

Commander
Don't watch 7 hours of left turn racing then go out the next day and mow your yard.

My pit crew of,well, me changed the plug in the mower, got it all gassed up with Sunocco Racing Fuel ( not really, just 87 Octane regular gas) and attacked a portion of grass today.

I kept the peddle to the medal and raced my bad boy mowing machine down the straight a way and slid into turn number one. I need to maintain a similar but slightly narrower line each lap pass as I don't want any racing strips (uncut grass) missed.

There really isn't any gas pedal. The throttle control has the picture of one of those rabbits in my garden so that's the setting I use. I was able to maintain 6th gear most of the time even while dodging some track debris (trees) in my path.

Left turn,straight,left turn,straight,left turn straight. I think you get the picture.

I came screaming into my first pit stop for fuel only. I don't have any spare tires to swap out and the grass wasn't exactly wearing out my tread. Mrs.Tyme used the extending pole to pass a cool beverage over the pit wall to my waiting hand and the entire pit stop (slow down) lasted 1.0 seconds.

Our yard isn't as smooth as the greens on Pebble Beach so the bumps and humps resulted in most of the beverage handed to me being more of a fertilizer to the grass than a slacker of thirst for this driver.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Left turn racing

Just keep an eye peeled for camera ropes (garden hose). Seem to mess up the race car (bad boy mowing machine) real bad! :lol:

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Good one Tyme :laugh: A good reminder of when I had our Craftsman rider. Jeez....I can really picture that. :eek: :highly_amused:

Tyme2fish

Commander

Good one Tyme :laugh: A good reminder of when I had our Craftsman rider. Jeez....I can really picture that. :eek: :highly_amused:

That's exactly what my mower is, a 2004 craftsman. It wasn't built to handle my five acres for 9 years but I've still kept it running.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Cool post T2F :)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

You know, the funny part to me is that every time I have to change a flat tire the entire family gets their watches/smartphones/stopwatches out and times me....

and I am the only one in the family that watches NASCAR...

I feel your pain Tyme!!

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer

Always a left turn. Bought a Simplicity tractor to get the left side discharge. That way clipping get cut over and over. :D
Must be working, because every lap is faster, as you cut to the middle.
huts

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Yeah...I mowed early Monday morning and found I had to make all right turns just to unwind...:victorious:

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tyme2fish.
You are officially invited to the first annual Winddog 200 invitational. Here in Prunedale Calf. ;-)

Tyme2fish

Commander

Tyme2fish.
You are officially invited to the first annual Winddog 200 invitational. Here in Prunedale Calf. ;-)

I will await the first class airplane tickets and do expect a limo to pick me up.