Coca Cola 600 - The Longest nascar Race

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Coca Cola 600 - The Longest nascar Race

Good race, very happy for Harvick but more happy for the Home team, great night for the Team taking 3rd

QC

Supreme Mariner

That was fun!! Worked out very well for the 31 considering. Happy for the 78 as well. I'm never sad when the 48 has some bad luck. It as Harvick that coined the "golden horseshoe" deal, and the 48's trouble helped out the #29 this week :cool:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Somehow I missed that 10 fans were injured by the camera rope. I'm hoping all are OK.

Silverbullet555

Chief Petty Officer

Good race. Ok Harvick one. Bummed Jr blew a motor. I would have liked to see Kurt win. I'm not really a fan of his and he had his total 3 year meltdown, but he seems much more composed and I like the underdog.

That was a long race though. Glad people got to repair their cars. I'm guessing the floating camera will not be allowed for a while.

Oh, and Stenhouse will probably get the cold shoulder from Patrick for a few days.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Crap! I looked for the recording and it's not there. A replay Wed(only 3hrs long) on SPEED, not sure if I'll wait that long or if I'll look at youtube vids. Apparently something big must have happened since it made national news. I hit the mute fast and turned away. The wife watched and said I'll like it. I'm guessing a big wreck(I know, way to take a wild guess...lol). I couldn't believe the race was still on at around 10:30pm central.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I told you to watch live! :lol: If you watch the Speed replay. you're better off than us sitting through 2 red flags and the Fox crew flapping gums. :)

waterinthefuel

Commander

Somehow I missed that 10 fans were injured by the camera rope. I'm hoping all are OK.

It was not a rope, it was a steel cable. Those things are heavy and can easily injure someone when falling from any distance.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Not steel:

FOX Sports Follow-up Statement - Camera rope: Everyone at FOX Sports is relieved and thankful to know that the injuries to fans caused when CAMCAT malfunctioned Sunday at Charlotte Motor Speedway were minor, and those who received hospital treatment were released last night. As stated previously, we regret that the race was affected, and we apologize to the racers whose cars were damaged, to everyone at CMS, NASCAR, and NASCAR fans, especially those who were hurt. At this time, we still do not have a cause for what happened, but a full investigation is underway, and use of the camera is suspended indefinitely. The rope is made of Dyneema, an ultra-strong synthetic that has the same approximate strength of a steel wire with the same diameter, and is less than a year old. According to the company, it had been factory-tested by the manufacturer and its breaking strength is certified before shipment. It was also inspected by CAMCAT upon receipt last June. The rope was certified to have a breaking strength of over 9,300 pounds. The force exerted during last night's race was less than 900 pounds. FOX Sports is reviewing with CAMCAT equipment maintenance records, history and installation information and will share those findings with NASCAR and CMS.(FOX Sports)(5-28-2013)

From here: Jayski's? NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page