hockey canada changes rules for kids and body checking

nwcove

Admiral
not sure where i sit on this one, but hockey canada has made the rule that there is to be no body checking until the age of 13. rule takes effect immediately.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: hockey canada changes rules for kids and body checking

Is it really true that little black thing that they hit with the sticks is really a frozen Moose turd?

Dam2009

Seaman

not sure where i sit on this one, but hockey canada has made the rule that there is to be no body checking until the age of 13. rule takes effect immediately.

I hear ya.. As much as I hate seeing kids getting hurt, it's a physical game, and not for everyone.

nwcove

Admiral

Is it really true that little black thing that they hit with the sticks is really a frozen Moose turd?

depends on where the game is being played......could be a moose turd, a horse turd, or a wooly mammoth turd, or a bunch of rabbit turds squished together.!

nwcove

Admiral

I hear ya.. As much as I hate seeing kids getting hurt, it's a physical game, and not for everyone.

the problem i see with it is, there will be some kids at 13, who will be so much bigger and faster than most, they will be nailing the small kids that arent even ready to play heads up hockey. seems like it will reduce the number of injuries, but when it happens it will be more than hurt feelings. jmo

NYBo

Admiral

I think it's mostly about the recent medical research on repeated seemingly minor blows to the head.

82rude

Rear Admiral

most idiotic thing ive ever heard.what happens when their 14 or so and enter competive hockey maybe playing against teams or leagues that didn't subscribe to this namby pampy hockey ?you cant insulate kids from everthing forever.