Other site

eastont

Chief Petty Officer
Anyone from here ever go to the hull truth site, and if so what are your thoughts about it?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Other site

I used to be a senior member there. I quit because of the elitist attitudes of some members.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

I can't say I blame you JB...the site is very elitist to say the least.

----EDIT----- Let's not get into specific details and rants about other sites. That is the same as bashing, and not allowed here at iboats.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpenfield

Staff member

Mostly center console folks on THT (so it seems). The dialogue does get fairly lively. Things are not as well moderated as here on iBoats.

i post there occasionally.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

I can't say I blame you JB...the site is very elitist to say the least.

----EDIT----- Let's not get into specific details and rants about other sites. That is the same as bashing, and not allowed here at iboats.

Advice taken..

blackhawk180

Petty Officer 1st Class

Used to visit THT frequently but finally decided it was mostly east coast, center console, big bucks boat discussions. iBoats is better moderated and the topics seem to be more in line with my style of boating plus many members boat in areas that I frequent. This is a great site with tons of helpful information. Nothing against THT, I still pop in now and then and also like to visit The Salty Dogs but don't post there often.

Tyme2fish

Commander

I'm a member there also. Topics can become very personal with name calling in "The Bilge" section. That's what makes me appreciative of the "no politics" policy here.

tallcanadian

Captain

I personally have no interest in any other site. I like how this one is moderated. They even keep me in line. ;) I think the people here are awesome. The site itself is number 1 in my books. Just sayin'.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I personally have no interest in any other site. I like how this one is moderated. They even keep me in line. ;) I think the people here are awesome. The site itself is number 1 in my books. Just sayin'.

Ditto!

It may be just me, but all the other boat sites seem inferior to this one.

GA_Boater

I visit many sites, but iboats is the best. If I was looking for politics or controversy, I wouldn't be here.

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I agree with the elitist attitude comment. I looked around on there about the same time I joined iboats. Here, it don't matter if you have a 10ft jon boat without an engine or a $200,000+ boat, everyone seems to help you out with advice without holding their nose in the air because their boat is "better" than yours.

Lurch77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm fairly new to boating (other than canoes). In my boating research, I have visited most major boating forums. I settled here at iboats for a couple of reasons.

1. NO politics. God do I hate political discussions. Especially if you don't agree with the majority of forum members. As soon as you don't agree with something, you become labeled and get the feeling you are not really welcome.
2. There is no clique feeling here. Again, that kind of atmosphere adds to a feeling of not being welcome.
3. Very well moderated here. People mostly stick on topic and I have not seen a heated thread that was not quickly handled. At the same time it is not overly moderated, since most members seem to moderate themselves.
4. There are people from all types of boating here, and all seem to feel welcome and get along well. I have see threads here from canoes to large cabin cruisers. I feel very comfortable not being looked at as a lesser boater just because I have a pontoon and not a large boat. That can't be said for some other sites. As a bonus, if I should ever have a question regarding my Old Town, I can probably get my answer right here on this forum.

sam60

Captain

I agree with all, this is a great boat site, the best!

There is another forum with a lot of class but it is more of a specialty forum. Fiberglassics.com. Good people with older boats.

GA_Boater

I agree with all, this is a great boat site, the best!

There is another forum with a lot of class but it is more of a specialty forum. Fiberglassics.com. Good people with older boats.

I forgot about FG. Good folks there too.