WoooHooo ! ! !

ehenry

Commander
Not sure if any of yall remember or even know but back in 09 the power head on my all but new Merc 25 2stroke burned a piston on the bottom cylinder. Took it to a couple places to check in to repairing and the all quoted prices that was WAY out of my budget. Soooo, the Merc 25 took up residence in the far corner of my shop and has been there until yesterday. In cruising the craigslist ads I found a same make and model engine as mine with the lower end torn up. Lower unit, exhaust housing and mount damage. He hit some thing.

I called the guy with the intent of selling him my engine BUT he made me an offer I couldnt refuse so I bought his for $100 and got a complete, dressed powerhead with 110+ compression on both cylinders......Looks like i'm back in the boating business ! ! !

This is my post in the Merc forum when my engine shot craps on me.

http://forums.iboats.com/mercury-mariner-outboards/damage-done-361817.html

ehenry

Commander
Re: WoooHooo ! ! !

I've been saving all my "Tuck Back" money to my "Boat Motor" fund and looking for another one like I have so I'd have a parts motor and this engine turned up.

I guess patience is a virtue.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

That's great, let us know how it goes, getting in back together and in the water!

ehenry

Commander

Ordered all the gaskets, carb kit, water pump kit.....waiting on that to get in before I start.