pens vs sens....go pens!

nwcove

Admiral
this is a hard series to call, from my point of view, sens have a goaltending advantage, and thats where it ends. go pens! go!!

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Re: pens vs sens....go pens!

vokune is giving up way too many juicy rebounds and ottawa is a 2nd and 3rd period team so dont count your chickens before they hatch

aspeck

Staff member

Pens! Didn't get to see the first period and a half ... But what I saw, I liked!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

And the Pens take game 1. Sorry littlerayray.

littlerayray

Lieutenant

gotta admit though it was a good game and ottawa had vokune beat it was his defencemen who saved him

aspeck

Staff member

Puck drops at 8:30 tonight ... should be home from the neighbor girls' play and concert in time to see it all! Go Pens!

nwcove

Admiral

vokune is giving up way too many juicy rebounds and ottawa is a 2nd and 3rd period team so dont count your chickens before they hatch

no chicken countin goin on here......im counting penguins!!! :cheer2:

aspeck

Staff member

Vokoun gets the nod in goal again tonight. Feel bad for the Flower ... but probably the right choice. I probably would have started the Sens series with Fleury in goal, but yanked him at the first screw-up. Guess that is why Bylsma is the coach and I am not ... I will yield to the higher hockey brain! :hail::hail::whoo:

nwcove

Admiral

imho, vokoun is the right choice for now. fleury's last couple of games were just brutal.....flippin and floppin all over the crease!!

GA_Boater

Pens 4-3. Pens series lead 2-0. Go Pens!

aspeck

Staff member

imho, vokoun is the right choice for now. fleury's last couple of games were just brutal.....flippin and floppin all over the crease!!
That is how Fleury always plays! He is a fish out of water! And often out of position, but so stinking flexible and fast that he can get away with it at times. When he is good he is great, but when he is not, well, it just ain't pretty!

And yes, PENS WIN!!!! 2-0 series lead for the first time in forever ... now to seal the deal in Ottawa and move on ...

GA_Boater

BTW - I lost count of Penguins. How many was it? :)

GA_Boater

Game three in the series is scheduled to start at 7:30PT - that's Pens Time, ET for the rest of you. Go Pens.

GA_Boater

Green flag...er... the puck has dropped. Go Pens

aspeck

Staff member

OT now ... what a skating, hitting, fast game. Goal tenders have been crazy good ... lots of good shots. Fun game to watch, but to give up the tying goal in the last minute! URGGGHHH!

GA_Boater

I knew someone had to be watching. 28 seconds before the end of the game and POW. tied up. It was a good game 'til then. Go Pens!

aspeck

Staff member

There have been about 75 shots on goal between the 2 teams. Back and forth ... Pens really went defensive in the last 2 minutes of regulation, and it came back to bite them!