ok winter....enough already!!!!

nwcove

Admiral
wind chill at -22 this morning, now this.......!!:faint2:

3:56 PM ADT Monday 18 March 2013
Winter storm watch for
Lunenburg County issued

A wintery mix of snow and ice pellets expected Tuesday night into Wednesday.

This is an alert to the potential development of dangerous winter weather conditions in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..listen for updated statements.

A low pressure system is expected to develop south of Long Island on Tuesday and track northeastward towards the Maritimes Tuesday night. Snow ahead of the system will begin over Southwestern Nova Scotia Tuesday afternoon and spread eastward throughout the evening.

There is still uncertainty with the exact track and intensity of the low, therefore forecast precipitation amounts may change. As a result winter storm watches have been issued for areas west of Halifax for snowfall amounts that may exceed 15 centimeters as well as ice pellets and reduced visibilities in local blowing snow.

These watches may need to be extended to regions further east or upgraded to warnings as the system approaches.

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: ok winter....enough already!!!!

Yea, I hear ya . . . we will be about 12 hours ahead of you . . . this winter just won't give up. I have been trying to get work done on my boat in prep for its 'maiden voyage' and I have been freezing my butt off doing it. :grumpy:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

You're preachin' to the choir........ Highs in the teens tomorrow with 20mph sustained winds and 30 - 35 gusts. Well below zero wind chills... That will the dry the snow out and make it easy to plow. Oh yeah, Wednesday is the first day of spring...... ;)

nwcove

Admiral

gee...thanks for the reminder about the first day of spring!! lol now looks like another winter blast on thursday/friday. im gunna cry now.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yep, probably gonna miss the walleye run this year, as I can't get to the boat shed.
The river is still froze over as well.

Got about 5" today, low of 9 tonight windchill below 0.
Tomorrow night will be below zero with windchills of -20.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

30 and snowing here in MI right now... come on spring!!

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer

You guys are killing me. I had time to snowmobile early, no snow and had some electric problems. No time now and the sled is ready. :blue:

aspeck

Staff member

Got about 4 or 5 inches of snow and still coming today ... a little more rain/ice mist now than snow, however. I didn't even get the plow out ... just drove around the parking lot to break it up ... MT taught me that it will warm up and melt eventually! :eek::facepalm:

nwcove

Admiral

stopped sledding 20 years ago when winter changed. may have to buy another machine just to get to work. have my eye on a 73 elan ss! that sled should still run with the modern gear???

littlerayray

Lieutenant

ok who is with me
grab your torches and pitchforks and
lets kill all those groundhogs that did the prediction this year
they are all a bunch of liars
liars i tell you the whole lot
whos with me
"give me summer or give me death"

littlerayray

Lieutenant

sorry i got a little outta hand there
im just tired of winter already
ok but seriously
who here is ready to kill them groundhogs

tpenfield

Staff member

Looking at about 9" of white stuff this morning . . . lots of schools cancelled and work is delayed opening. The ski areas in NH just got an extension to their season though :D

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

ground hog stew is good this time of year

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

I thought I would offer a comment but now I see this is a "northern" thread:fear:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Clear and red skies this morning, -4c heavy frost.
Should go up to +5c again, then rain tomorrow +12c, ( I hope ) or another foot of snows going to happen.

We should have a good snow pack over the 5000 foot mark, so if the heat comes early look out for flooding again.

RogersJetboat454

Commander

Looking at about 9" of white stuff this morning . . . lots of schools cancelled and work is delayed opening. The ski areas in NH just got an extension to their season though :D

The way things are going, the kids will be in school till mid July... :facepalm: :rolleyes:
I just want it to be OVER!!!
Keep looking forward to my cruise in mid April as a much needed break. Just hope that our flight down to FL isn't canceled due to snow... :D

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Typical spring here in Colorado, you can feel spring trying to break out but winter keeps holding on

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer

Last year we were on the 80s already. Wintery mix possible Sunday. I just want to dewinterize the jetskis

82rude

Rear Admiral

:)storming all day here.coastal ive asked mother nature to send snowstorm your way but it would totaly paralize and freak out your little state so being nice we sent it to newengland instead.:facepalm: