Picture stolen for craigslist ad??

Dzrtcj7

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Picture stolen for craigslist ad??

So, the seller responded to my email and was cordial about the mis understanding. He did post a picture of his boat, and it appears to be in similar enough condition to be equal representation. I have him permission to use my picture in his ad.

mancho

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah i noticed the stickers changed locations! LOL good to hear he has the ability to take his own pics... it's quite time consuming for some

aspeck

Staff member

He never replied to my email asking for more pictures ... guess he doesn't want to sell to someone 500 miles away?!?

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

then she'd need to be monetarily compensated imho.

2 reasons why not..(we asked about it)

1) She was never identified by name in any way
2) She was in uniform from the ambulance company and they agreed to the billboard, so any right to payment (for identification purposes) goes to the ambulance provider ...per the attorney.

mcgyver210

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Pictures & Content on the internet are not automatically Public Domain is one problem with many answers here. You also don't have to actually publish a copyright protection logo or statement to assert one in the USA.

I have personally dealt with my pics & content being stolen & just because you can right click & copy doesn't make it Public Domain as many people seem to think.

Now IMO the Craigs List Ad could be used as away to claim Deception by Fraud if the person wanted to that eventually buys it.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

then she'd need to be monetarily compensated imho.

Public servents performing in the line of duty, do not have to be compensated for the use of an image taken of them.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Public servents performing in the line of duty, do not have to be compensated for the use of an image taken of them.

Private ambulance company, but still...no to the compensation. Like we really cared anyway...:rolleyes:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Cr#p happens, whatcha going to do????

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Private ambulance company, but still...no to the compensation. Like we really cared anyway...:rolleyes:

My son is a Paramedic in Portland, OR that works for a company that is contracted with the state and the city, they are considered public employee's when on a run called by the city or state.