Mn Vikings fire head coach Brad childress today

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander
The shake up starts, Childress gets the boot, the Pac slapped us silly Sun. Just wait till next year !!! sigh..........

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Mn Vikings fire head coach Brad childress today

Now the Vikings can bench Brett too so we can start building for next year....

MIN_logo-80x90.gif

Fly Rod

Commander

Yes, it is time to sit down Brett. The back up can not do any worse.

skargo

Banned

The Packers are coach killers this year! I think they play they 49's in a couple weeks...:eek:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

The Packers are coach killers this year! I think they play they 49's in a couple weeks...:eek:

Right on! when do they play the Broncos next?:D

mphy98

Lieutenant

Now the Vikings can bench Brett too so we can start building for next year....

MIN_logo-80x90.gif

sounds like the Cub fans chant to me, wait til next year :D

scipper77

Commander

We all know Lovie Smith is on thin ice this year. Of course they already beat the Packers once this year. Chicago plays green bay the last week of the season. There is an excellent chance that Lovie gets fired after a loss to the Packers as well if Chicago misses the playoffs.

Brewman61

Ensign

I suppose this fiasco of a season makes Ziggies quest for a new stadium just a teeny bit more challenging?

skargo

Banned

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present to you the Los Angeles Vikings! :D
la_vikings.gif

Brewman61

Ensign

I guess if the North Stars can move to Texas, the Vikings can move to LA.
I think LA is just dying for another pro sports team anyway.

scipper77

Commander

la_vikings.gif

The most likely move in the NFL is going to be the Toronto Bills. They already play 1 "home" game in Toronto every season :eek: You know your team is bad when you start the season 0-8 and there is no talks about axing the coach. I thought it was automatic to fire the coach in that situation. Of course what quality coach would want to take over that job??

Without the Bills the next closest NFL team (to Rochester) is the Browns. Pretty much an equivalent team to the Bills (lovable losers, not much fan base that isn't local). I guess Toronto is a hair closer than Cleveland but I'd rather drive to Ohio. I have family in Canton where the football hall of fame is.

Ironically I visit Canton every year and have never been to the football hall of fame :(

captmello

Captain

la_vikings.gif

Are you still bitter over the Colts packing it up?

The Vikes won't leave, they love us fans too much...

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

There was a good point made on the radio the other day. " What About the players that just are not trying"....

We all know that Chili had to go but, is it time for a full house cleaning??

Sunday it looked like a bunch of players that just didnt want to try. I think a good shake up in the house of the Vikings would do them some good. Send a few people down the road that dont want to work and send a message.

Given that I cheer for the Pack I relish in there demise but, I would rather see the Vikings Stay in Minnesota than leave. We wouldn't pla..Kick their butts as much if they moved to LA. The rivalry is great and the hatered is even better. Lets keep that going.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

There was a good point made on the radio the other day. " What About the players that just are not trying"....

We all know that Chili had to go but, is it time for a full house cleaning??

Sunday it looked like a bunch of players that just didnt want to try. I think a good shake up in the house of the Vikings would do them some good. Send a few people down the road that dont want to work and send a message.

Given that I cheer for the Pack I relish in there demise but, I would rather see the Vikings Stay in Minnesota than leave. We wouldn't pla..Kick their butts as much if they moved to LA. The rivalry is great and the hatered is even better. Lets keep that going.

I agree. I bet there will be a bunch of players that feel they better "fly right" or they may be the next to go.

ps. Don't forget who kicked who's butt twice last year...;):p

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We all know Lovie Smith is on thin ice this year. Of course they already beat the Packers once this year. Chicago plays green bay the last week of the season. There is an excellent chance that Lovie gets fired after a loss to the Packers as well if Chicago misses the playoffs.

I wish!!!!! I believe it will take more than that to get rid of him though.:(

He must have a flash drive with some pics on it hidden somewhere...he is not worried at all.