Mn Vikings fire head coach Brad childress today

skargo

Banned
Re: Mn Vikings fire head coach Brad childress today

I agree. I bet there will be a bunch of players that feel they better "fly right" or they may be the next to go.

ps. Don't forget who kicked who's butt twice last year...;):p

Look what happened to the Orioles this year. They were pathetic, well on their way to setting the worst record ever. Fired their manager, had an interim, then hired Buck Showalter and all of a sudden they played better than any team in baseball at the end of the season.

Bunch of grown men, making millions playing a kids game!

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

I agree Get jackson out there and see what he can do...

He's why they got Favre in the first place!!!:D
As for the Los Angelos Vikings, Gawd, I hope not!!:eek::eek:

And finally as much as I've enjoyed watching Favre play over the years it's time for him to go!:rolleyes:

j_martin

Admiral

It seems the Vi-Queens have always had a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

The Gophers got their stadium and the Twins got their stadium (sure did a lot of good in the post season) The Vikings are the biggest sport revenue in this state. I bet they get their stadium. I am hoping the Vikings played dead to get rid of Childress. Look at Dallas. This will be the first Thanksgiving that might have a good football game. Wilkes should have dumped Childress after the Arizona game. If they were playing dead at least the season would still be viable. Now it is too late. As mentioned before TJ is not the future. Why not toss Webb out there and give him a chance. I remember when Daunte started he was scared and he did terrible but the next year the only other QB that threw for more yardage (Moss and Carter probably had a lot to do with that)was Peyton Manning. Leslie Frasier already said Favre will still be the starting QB.

skargo

Banned

Do you really think I haven't heard those rumors for years now. Us Fans will end up building a new stadium shortly and the team will stay.

Sure you will LOL.

And what rumors? They have been in contact with 2 groups in LA, I guess just to chat about the weather huh?

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Seems like everytime they start taking about a new stadium, or not, in comes talk they're leaving Mn..... Lease is up 2012? Soon at any rate....

MIN_logo-80x90.gif

captmello

Captain

Seems like everytime they start taking about a new stadium, or not, in comes talk they're leaving Mn..... Lease is up 2012? Soon at any rate....

Ya, They've been talking about a new stadium for many years, as you know. They recently built a stadium for the Twins and the Gophers. I can't believe they won't build one for the Vikings.

Especially now that they're on a one game winning streak with their new coach!;)

scipper77

Commander

Ya, They've been talking about a new stadium for many years, as you know. They recently built a stadium for the Twins and the Gophers. I can't believe they won't build one for the Vikings.

Especially now that they're on a one game winning streak with their new coach!;)

I hate to be encourage skargo when he is stirring the pot but a sellout streak is way more important than a winning streak. If I owned the Vikings I would be looking at LA too. It's one of the biggest markets around which could mean that as an owner I could make a lot more money there. If I need to build a new stadium anyways it just makes moving the team that much easier.

As a fan I wonder how the divisions would be restructured if they move to LA. Bears, Packers, Lions and ?????

skargo

Banned

I hate to be encourage skargo when he is stirring the pot but a sellout streak is way more important than a winning streak. If I owned the Vikings I would be looking at LA too. It's one of the biggest markets around which could mean that as an owner I could make a lot more money there. If I need to build a new stadium anyways it just makes moving the team that much easier.

As a fan I wonder how the divisions would be restructured if they move to LA. Bears, Packers, Lions and ?????

Never thought of that.
I always though Dallas should be in the south and Atlanta in the east, but that would kill some rivalries.

Not sure who you would take out of the west and put in the north IF this did happen? St Louis???

I truly hope it never happens, because I know how I felt as a 16 year old kid to have my team sneak out in the middle of the night. I also felt terrible for Cleveland when we got their team, but not too bad because a few short years later they got a team, and kept their colors and records.

Despite what the ignorant claim, I am certainly not bitter, heck, a Super Bowl Championship will help all bad memories...:D

captmello

Captain

Never thought of that.
I always though Dallas should be in the south and Atlanta in the east, but that would kill some rivalries.

Not sure who you would take out of the west and put in the north IF this did happen? St Louis???

I truly hope it never happens, because I know how I felt as a 16 year old kid to have my team sneak out in the middle of the night. I also felt terrible for Cleveland when we got their team, but not too bad because a few short years later they got a team, and kept their colors and records.

Despite what the ignorant claim, I am certainly not bitter, heck, a Super Bowl Championship will help all bad memories...:D

I'd like to apoligize to Skargo for the comment about the Colts. It was never meant as anything more than a harmless poke, similar to his comment on the LA Vikings. I had no Idea he even was a Baltimore native, much less an original Colts fan.

Regarding sellouts, the Vikings have sold out their games. They have an old outdated stadium and everyone knows it.

I'm sorry about the comments regarding the Vikings loving the fans and the winning streak comments. They were made in jest and were not meant to be valid arguments. I'm for keeping it light around here.

skargo

Banned

I'd like to apoligize to Skargo for the comment about the Colts. It was never meant as anything more than a harmless poke, similar to his comment on the LA Vikings. I had no Idea he even was a Baltimore native, much less an original Colts fan.

Regarding sellouts, the Vikings have sold out their games. They have an old outdated stadium and everyone knows it.

I'm sorry about the comments regarding the Vikings loving the fans and the winning streak comments. They were made in jest and were not meant to be valid arguments. I'm for keeping it light around here.

Thanks! No need for an apology, it's all good fun when it comes to football.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

Around here when we raz each other about sport teams etc We call it talkn' smack or smacktalk... Its all in good fun. Skargo its all good IMHO nice of you to make your last post anyhow... We all need to try to not take offense.. Talkn smack is half the fun!!!!:D:D::cool:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

What's the point of sports if you can't talk smack every now and then!:p

skargo

Banned

My purple team is better than y'all's purple team anyway :p