Fleet Admiral
Re: The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Tractors, OK well sort of.
1943 case LA- project on hold
John deere 430 D, ya its small but its a tractor
case 210 "RIP"
ditch witch R40d
ditch witch 6510 PD
(both trenchers and cable plows, need a a620 backhoe attachment)

tallcanadian

Captain

I don't know much about tractors, actually, I don't know anything about them, but I saw this one on the side of the road on my way home a couple of years ago. Thought I would share.

100_0499.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

I don't know much about tractors, actually, I don't know anything about them, but I saw this one on the side of the road on my way home a couple of years ago. Thought I would share.

100_0499.jpg
That's some neat old iron there. :)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

That's some neat old iron there. :)

Ok tallcanadian & BWR you made me Post this :D

Here is some Neat Old Iron
Dad-Fordsonresized.jpg

That's a 1920 vintage fordson my pop is sitting on, it had been on our property since it was new. I'm sorry to say we GAVE it away about 10 years ago :eek::(
The picture shows it without the fuel tank and radiator. It was an old hand crank, updraft carburetor, Mag coils with buttons etc.. You started it on gas then switched over to kerosene once warmed up.
I'm hoping that if things get better I can get him another one just like his old one for him just to enjoy driving it around the property ( even though the cultivation tires will wreck the lawns ;) )

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Ok tallcanadian & BWR you made me Post this :D

Here is some Neat Old Iron
Dad-Fordsonresized.jpg

That's a 1920 vintage fordson my pop is sitting on, it had been on our property since it was new. I'm sorry to say we GAVE it away about 10 years ago :eek::(
The picture shows it without the fuel tank and radiator. It was an old hand crank, updraft carburetor, Mag coils with buttons etc.. You started it on gas then switched over to kerosene once warmed up.
I'm hoping that if things get better I can get him another one just like his old one for him just to enjoy driving it around the property ( even though the cultivation tires will wreck the lawns ;) )
AWESOME!! :D

tallcanadian

Captain

Very cool ride. And you GAVE it away. (banging head on desk). I've never seen anything like that but , wow. Nice.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I'm thinkin' a garden tractor with attachments might be right for me... blade, loader, backhoe, etc. Not too big. And can be used to move boats like this little guy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHgyKth7spA[/QUOTE

That was cool, I have to try that some time:D

If you get a little tractor with a bucket make sure the bucket powers both ways. This way you ca do stuff like back blade so you can do grading work

And yes we gave the old fordson away to a friend that restores old tractors.
I used to pul the plugs, oil up the cylinders and crank her at least twice a year to keep the engine from seizing. Yes still kicking myself for giving it away, it would have made a cool project now that I am back to being a motor-head

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Small Hijack then lets get back to helping with BWR's Tractor Purchase
Who here in the zone has registered on the iBoats face book page so we can continue our insanity there and on FB too :D

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

BWR- nope, no backhoe. Got all the piping for it, even the swivel seat and mounts. The PO told me the other PO took it off and sold it....:mad:Then they welded the piping shut for the lines going to the back:mad: Not the worst thing , but sure would be neat to have the D-100 hoe on there, along with the underslung counterweights. Not the easiest to find.....

Good all around machine for my needs.

HVAC_ I agree he needs a tractor! If only for the purpose of moving a boat around the yard!:D:D
Not on facebook, not on twitter. Never gonna be.

Getting another small unit this week, 1967 Simplicity 717 Broadmoore. Wifey thinks its cool. Just gotta figure out where to put it.:eek:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Someday I guess I will buy a tractor. Just a matter of time (to get the funds) and research. Definitely need a little one on my 1.36 acres. Lots of slope to deal with, so earthmoving capability will help me do some terracing. No lawn here at all... just weeds and wild grasses in the summer. I have my neighbor do some bush hawging for me. He suggested that I just get a little riding lawnmower for routine duties and that he'll be around for the heavy lifting with his old Massey. However, he has no grading equipment, etc., so I'd end up having to rent a loader/backhoe to do the work he can't. That gets into the whole buy/rent tradeoff thing. I saw a JD 2305 on C/L the other day, which got me fired up again. Heh.

Personally, I'd like to have something like this Kubota:

ksBX22.jpg

But then again, classics like this old Panzer are really neat:

Panzer1.jpg

HOWEVER - I am NOT interested in something crazy like this one! :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts0Fz2DkVmM

That dude is just INSANE!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Someday I guess I will buy a tractor. Just a matter of time (to get the funds) and research. Definitely need a little one on my 1.36 acres. Lots of slope to deal with, so earthmoving capability will help me do some terracing. No lawn here at all... just weeds and wild grasses in the summer. I have my neighbor do some bush hawging for me. He suggested that I just get a little riding lawnmower for routine duties and that he'll be around for the heavy lifting with his old Massey. However, he has no grading equipment, etc., so I'd end up having to rent a loader/backhoe to do the work he can't. That gets into the whole buy/rent tradeoff thing. I saw a JD 2305 on C/L the other day, which got me fired up again. Heh.

Personally, I'd like to have something like this Kubota:

But then again, classics like this old Panzer are really neat:

HOWEVER - I am NOT interested in something crazy like this one! :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts0Fz2DkVmM

That dude is just INSANE!

The Kudota is a nice machine, I looked at it too. We just have to much property for that little guy

Wow that hot rod tractor is cool, I like the way he lifts the wheels grabbing another gear :D Gotta build me one like that, Tool man Taylor look out lol

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey Bill I seen a restored Fordson go for $230,000 on Mecum......lol just kidding!
:p

Heres tractor across from my brothers place in St Johns, Michigan...

Attachments

• tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

HIJACK!

It's LUNCH time!! Are ya hungry now? LOL :D

lunch.jpg

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Bill I seen a restored Fordson go for $230,000 on Mecum......lol just kidding!

That's it rub it in ;) , but hey I did keep the updraft carb lol, couldn't find it when we gave it to him, just found the carb this last hunting season in the basement Oops :redface:

thats a cool looking rig though I never liked the close tires in the front always felt like I was gonna tip :eek:

Huron Angler

Admiral

Hey Vegas...I think I drove past that tractor last week;)

If you need some winter pics of the tractor let me know.

BTW(mini hi-jack) We've used Kubota's for my entire life on our propery up north. Grandpa loved it since he could still get some serious work done well into his 80s:)

Huron Sr. upgraded(and got 10k trade-in on a 25yo machine:cool:) to a newer, larger Kubota two years ago so he can run the huge snowthrower attachment on the front to battle lake-effect snow. He also has the normal grater and box grater(for the private road upkeep) and the bucket(great for hauling and hoisting deer). Haven't been able to convince him to get the backhoe attachment so I can start digging ponds and trenches all over the property:D

Now if I could just convince him to keep the dang roll bar up:p

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hijack
A little statics for the hijack zone
Wow with nothing else to do except for a service call 50 mi away :redface:
I did a quick check in Dockside Chat The Hijack Zone is 3rd in all time views with 7,010 visits and 4th with replies having 518 now 519 lol WOW talk about a lot of hits!!! Considering that the thread started on Oct 27 2009 that might be a record in itself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.