The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Its funny that you mention that Bill, :D. Let me know when you are going to do yours because I want you to teach me. I will be by either Wed or Thurs to drop off the tools because tomorrow I have Yankee tickets:eek::eek:.

DaNinja

Lieutenant

WOW I have been gone from here so long, I can't believe how much I have missed!

Hey DaNinja, yup welcome to the lounge, pull up a chair & grab a drink ;)

Hey FB Congradulations on the promotion :)

Hey marlboro, Yep that sure was a face in the clouds. I have been drinking though LOL

Vegas tell BOT to give you the boat to save some money and you'll make sure its properly cared for LOL
P.S What does BOT stand for Big Old tu@#$???? LOL JK
:: pulls up a chair::
Thanks for the welcome!:D
The lake dogs and I are just hanging out now that I climbed out of the engine compartment of the MO Belle.

I like my lake dogs. I've had as many as six here, but these are my two regulars. My own dog passed in my arms on January 4th, so I was happy when these vagrants came back to visit this year.

Waiting for me at the dock...

100_0010-1.jpg

Chillen' in the garage...

100_0007-1.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Hey BWR, that is one wild looking spider. in the 1st pick it really looked distended or something, kinda freaky lol .

I was thinking about an ugly stick for them I looked on Dicks Sporting Goods site and was thinking about this combo for $55 you can't beat it. what do you think?
Yeah, that Ugly Stik combo looks perfect! And that ugly spider in the first pic was busy munchin' on a blue beetle of some kind, which is why it was so odd looking.

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Great lake runs today.:D

This morning, I ran the MO Belle hard in the quiet waters. 53mph with just me and a half tank of gas. I parked back in the slip after an hour and pulled the fuel filter/water separator.

Yay!! A perfect fuel sample with no water. I had fixed it!

So this afternoon we took a neighbor family, (relatives in a distant sense), for a quick run. Their young boy's (7 & 5 I think) didn't know the lake existed beyond this quiet little cove. They were just beaming!:D

They were also beaming as they said, "We won the boat race!"
I had some clean water so we got up to around 49mph. Rare on this lake, but I was passing a lot of boats. So I guess, in their view, we won the race.:p

It was a good day!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

HIJACK!

Got a quick pic through a window of papa bluebird feeding the younguns this afternoon. Pretty cool that the pair were successful!

papabluebird.jpg

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Vegas tell BOT to give you the boat to save some money and you'll make sure its properly cared for LOL
P.S What does BOT stand for Big Old tu@#$???? LOL JK

Bill ahahhahhah well we never ACRO matched it but that one WORKS FOR ME! lol whats shakin! ps I just got your number retrieved out of my DEAD PHONE! lake finally killed one after 3 seasons! not too bad, I know people that go through 2 phones a season lol
anyways....chat at ya in person soon :rolleyes:

neato doggies DaNinja :D

BWR you certainly are a great nature photographer! keep the pics coming! :p

Ive been lurking and postinig in STUPID HUMAN TRICKS... stirring up a little trouble etc..hehehhehehhe :eek:

HIJACK

also been to the lake quite a few times this week....entertaining my sister in law and niece from California.....took the niece and sister in law along with the wife to Ziggy Marley concert at THE BEACH at Mandalay Bay ..it was awsome! what a trip! yes we partied and yes it was one of the most interesting concerts Ive been to in years! it was the 1rst concert in 15 years where I was smelling the wacky tobacky! hahhah and you could swim...the stage is over the water FUN STUFF! ......(my BIL watched our kids THANKS STEVE!) anyways... Sunday was a BIL birthday party at the MIL (mother in law and brother in law for any of you not familiar with RickAirMedics ACROS! )

Monday LAKE DAY till 11pm...then 2 flats!!!!!!! one was a trailer tire that apparently shredded somewhere on the road...it wasnt stripped off completely but ready to fly off...mustve fell apart close to the dock...it was an OLD TIRE (19 years ) lol 1991 tire...back up spare lol bad idea for sure!
another bad idea was parking in the dirt lot, ran over somethinig and popped my truck tire ...fraking 2 flats in one night? OUCH! $100 down the tubes!

Tues BBQ and chillin out (lots of alcohol and greasy home made onion rings/fries/deep fried italian squash/deep fried breaded shrimp/ Porterhouse steaks MMMMM GREASE!!!!!!)

Wed more all day and night boating, 40 knot winds! swells...hiding out in coves and swimming..good times! ate at the marina ...BIL Jesse picked up the tab....what a guy! (I was going to and he grabbed it from the waitress!)

hope all o fyou have been enjoying life! :D:D

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

HIJACK! the pics from the last 2 weekends...SOME NICE SUNSETS! windy and wavey though...still fun!

http://lasvegaspix.com/projects/sleekcraft16/
all pics click link above

me and my daughter Hawaiian style!
IMG_8933.jpg

notice the GAZILLION carp at the dock see bottom of pic
IMG_8957.jpg

My Niece and wife at sunset!
IMG_8989.jpg

heres the BIL about tripping over the darned windscreen... its coming off ASAP
IMG_8988.jpg

here my Niece is driving the boat at trolling speed, moments before she was TEXTING! while driving and fishing! OMG these dang text addicts! my other niece crashed her dads truck at 50mph into a forest, flippinig it 3 times (she was sooo lucky she was mostly unhurt) needless to say she was TEXTING, one week into her license...these dang cell phones are causing the accidents for kids not saving them.
IMG_8970.jpg

note damage to bald forehead from working on the sleek (added a swim deck ladder...DOH banged the head off it looking to install the nylock nuts DOH!
IMG_9002.jpg

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

HIJACK!

hey you guys CHECK OUT THE ENGINE VIDEO!
we got the V8 running! on the ground! (this motor was flooded with water, sat for about 10 years...and LIVES!) :eek:
drained 5 quarts water, and 4 to 5 qts water....

she runs AWSOME! :D and I didn't even rebuild the carB! little bit of lifter tap for about a minute, once they pumped up it ran like a top!

click to watch youtube video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Es3pWH1Lg

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Enjoy your youth while you can. About the only way to remain "cool" when you get older is to be inside with the AC on...... Just a thought and quote.......

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Vegas, Great to hear her running Sorry I was to toasted to hear the phone ring to help with the electrical :eek: I wouldn't have been much good if I did hear it though Wow it was like Working all day in the sun + 18 pack of Bud= Me useless LOL

Hey Cofe very profound, but not true lol dig out the car you learned how to drive on , 55 chevys 64 Nova II, 67 Camaro's etc are real cool again these days LOL

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Good response Bill!!!

on that note HIJACK!.....here's my 1968 Firebird 400 convertible .....we sold it before the economy took a total dump....$7k cash in 15 minutes! CL !!! I was amazed!
unrestored ....rear springs coming through trunk (NY car)

Attachments

• 68-FireBird-009.jpg
    68-FireBird-009.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 68-FireBird-014.jpg
    68-FireBird-014.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 68-FireBird-025.jpg
    68-FireBird-025.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Is there a good aftermarket AC for my 68 Camaro?

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey VERT nice Jeep! Love it...that baby will be a sweet 4x4 soon enough! cool!

COFE...I know there's some out there ...they have a unit that goes in the car under dash....has all the controls, blower etc.....

http://www.classicautoair.com/

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Is there a good aftermarket AC for my 68 Camaro?

Sure is its called a 4-70 unit, open 4 windows and do 70:eek::D lol

I know, I know you just want to feel cool while your being cool lol ;)

Hey Vegas, Here is your prop in its new home WooHoooo

IMG00614.jpg

Hey Vert,
Here are the rams you donated to the cause,

IMG00617.jpg

To bad tonight I busted one of the pistons for the trim tabs. Man they are made like junk, the hose had blown from being dry rotted so I was replacing them, WELL........ I busted the plastic barb off the ram :mad:

Other than that the Sea Gem is ready for splashdown

Happy Days are here again

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

HVAC- That is the least I could do for you after letting me borrow all those tools and knowledge. Is tomorrow going to be the big splashdown day or does it need a little more tweaking? Dont rush it if it is not ready, there is plenty of summer still left.
Vegas- Thanks, should be a fun little project. I have been hangin around you guys to much and now have more projects than I now what to do with. :D

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

HVAC- That is the least I could do for you after letting me borrow all those tools and knowledge. Is tomorrow going to be the big splashdown day or does it need a little more tweaking? Dont rush it if it is not ready, there is plenty of summer still left.

Maybe Thursday, if not sometime next week :) , I want to splashdown when its not busy Just my pal Charlie and I so if something goes wrong we can tag team whatever needs to be done. I have to go to bargain bilge tomorrow and pick up a new hydraulic manifold for the rams mine was so corroded it was porous.

In addition, I installed new Stainless braided lines but now I have to figure what to do with the junk plastic ram the the hose barb broke off of. They want $90 for a new one :eek: I refuse to pay that for a piece of garbage 6" plastic cyl.

One step forward and two steps back, Oh Well :(

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey Bill......that prop looks familiar! lol........looks great! should push ya pretty good! the 4 bladers are supposed to be better for takeoff, but with all that HP you should be able to plane out quick....ROCK ON!!!!! and thanks Bill!!! ;) BTW thats a 23 pitch stainless on there :D

Hey Vert if you start posting pics anywhere on the web post the ocassional link here in the Hijack...Im sure many would love to see you NUMEROUS extra curricular projects! lol

and hey...you wouldn't be on I boats at all if you weren't a PROJECT type of guy!

HIJACK!!!!!!!!!!
:eek:

got a bit of work done today on the newman project.....
vid clip here 2 minutes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWI0xkAuj0

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey GUys- too beat to reply to all, as is kinda the thing to do. Long story short- Parents house flooded, I am beat. SEAWAGE too!
This here ere is the next street over. first part is a buddys building, many friends around here too. Grew up 5 blocks east, where the water is coming from in this video. I was not there at the time , ( driving home from this area of the video at the time , took 4+ hrs to go 22 miles) just a youtube video from some guys in the neighborhood- caution- they drop the f-bomb a lot, and you may notice why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHBgiBld3M8&feature=related

other related stuff in the rain 7 1/2 inches thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.