The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintst

Commander
Re: The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

I had a bad shoulder (inflammed bursa) from doing heavy military presses. I'll try to remember the name of the drug they gave me. 99% sure it's Celebrex

Couldn't sleep on that side, etc. One dose and the pain was reduced by 95%. Two weeks later I was back at it again with no pain.

sprintst

Commander

So I guess the cookout this afternoon with the cold beer and steaks is out, hey? :D Sorry about the fridge:eek: Nothing like a nasty fridge. Someone unplugged one of mine once, it was packed with pheasant and grouse. Did not find it for a while- Eeeeewwww!

Congrats FB!!!

Hijack! Yall ever make one of these?>?? I was bored the other night and Holy Cow! How much fun...Shot a spud at a tree 50 feet away, and there was just mashed potato residue on the bark. Then shot one in the air at a high angle, spud went clear outta my yard, over the trees and landed somewhere in the woods several hundred feet away. Hoot!!!:D:D

I saw a spud gun shoot through both sides of a pickup tailgate. Make sure to use the right grade of tube and chamber as one is rated for much higher pressures.

I'll probably make one shortly also.

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congratulations on the sale!!! Maybe some trim tabs,1708, resin :)

Ok My Turn
Hijack

I did the dumbest thing ever tonight!!!!!

OK well I take my 7yo son to school and pick him up every day we both bicycle to and from, its our daily ritual :) In this day and age with out of shape kids from computers and video games I don't want him to be a statistic.

I was clowning around on the way home today riding a wheelie on my 27" Fuji Crosstown :D showing off, what can I say I'm a kid at heart lol.

Well................ tonight he was trying to pop a wheelie so I figured I would teach him, A 45 yo should NOT try to ride a 20" bike!!!! To little bike, to much adult strength !!!!
I hopped on his bike to show him went to lift the front tire and was INSTANTLY on my back, now I know how a turtle feels. I hit the pavement so hard instant migraine, felt an explosion in my shoulder I think I rattled my brain :eek: whats left of it anyhow. The bike didn't even move forward I went to peddle an lift the front and it took all the energy and just rotated the bike on the back wheel, BLAMMMMM on the ground :eek:.
That's not the worst of it though, 20 years ago I had dislocated my left shoulder and its never been the same since, it tends to pop out now and then. Well this blew it out big time, it hurts so much I cant tell if its back in place or not. I pressed against the wall upward and back but this time unlike 1000's of others to no avail.

Anyone have suggestions or an excersize to get it back in ??? I've tried stretches, rotating Hanging pressure etc.. getting ready to take 800mg Motrin and pack it in ice

P.S. All the muscle & tissue is now swollen
grocery and bill money.... dang, bein responsible sucks sometimes...:rolleyes:

Ouch on the shoulder!!! Dang you done it up right this time!!!!! Hope you can get some kinda relief from it. Might outta go see a Dr if its still all boogered up in a few days!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

5am and barely slept all night :( still in pain and I have 40-50 people coming over for my sons 1st communion party today. Tables to set up, food to prepare ouch!

Hey Marlboro, I packed it in ice last night but I think the beer was part of the problem to begin with lol . My bike was 40' away I was just to lazy to get it

Hey Robby, Both :eek:, I'm getting older and my war wounds from over the years re-injure more easily . The stuff happening is me acting like a jerk some times :eek: sometimes I forget im not a kid anymore I still roller blade Ice skate and bike all the time. Even with pins in my leg, and a torn knee I still leg press 650 on the universal.

Hey Sprint, I used to have Celebrex, good stuff but I think they took that off the market for some reason.

Hey Snowy, Sorry to hear you have to spend the money on food and stuff instead of toys I just hate it when that happens ;)

As far as going to a Dr., I don't like doctors. The last time I went mine told me " yup you broke the L4 in your back, can have it operated on but wont do much good, here's some Percocet for the pain" Grrrrrrrr, why can't we be more like boats, "Well we'll replace that broken stringer and you'll be better than New :rolleyes: "

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Hey HVAC, to quote my girlfriend... "We're not 20 anymore!" :D

Switch your meds to Aleve... that stuff blows ibuprofen outta the water. I took IB for a couple decades, but my doc switched me to Aleve back in February and the difference is astounding. Just taking 1 pill every 8 - 12 hours is enough to stop the pain. Aleve also helps reduce swelling better than the IB does.

Put some heat on that shoulder with a heating pad too, a moist one if you have one of those. Helps a lot.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey HVAC, to quote my girlfriend... "We're not 20 anymore!" :D

Switch your meds to Aleve... that stuff blows ibuprofen outta the water. I took IB for a couple decades, but my doc switched me to Aleve back in February and the difference is astounding. Just taking 1 pill every 8 - 12 hours is enough to stop the pain. Aleve also helps reduce swelling better than the IB does.

Put some heat on that shoulder with a heating pad too, a moist one if you have one of those. Helps a lot.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I keep forgetting, I don't feel any older but my body does :redface:

Thanks for the tip an the Aleve, I took 800mg last night of motrin, still swollen and in pain. I'll PU some on the way to church, if that don't work I'm switching to JD (Jack Daniels) instead :D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

HIJACK!!!

Trains again. Spent all day yesterday at the largest O gauge train show in the world which just so happens to occur twice a year in my town (how convenient). Had a great time with my train buddies and scored 2 great deals. Got two big steamers. A Lionel Berkshire and a MTH Pacific.

The Pacific which goes awesome with some passenger cars I already had
DSCF2610.jpg

DSCF2621.jpg

The Berkshire
DSCF2611.jpg

DSCF2618.jpg

All my big steam
DSCF2615.jpg

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Cool Trains EZ Congrats !!! the only one I have is a #2055

Hijack,
Here is my day :)

100_9675.jpg

Liam & I

Congratulations to my son Liam on receiving 1st Holy Communion :):)
Now he won't tell me "Dad......its not fair I can't receive Too" anymore :)

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Great pic Ken...
Congrats to you & Liam

Thanks Harry :D lol, sorry Kev I couldn't resist Its Bill!!!! :p
I think you confused me with Hope she Floats:) see what happens when we don't talk for a bit ;) Thats ok, just don't call me Late For Dinner :D

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ez you got two steamers.......... jk jk sorry I had to. Nice train set up!!!

Bill you have freaking Brock Lesnar hands!!! Hope your daughters BFs never have to face a right hook from you!!!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

ez you got two steamers.......... jk jk sorry I had to. Nice train set up!!!

Bill you have freaking Brock Lesnar hands!!! Hope your daughters BFs never have to face a right hook from you!!!

ROFL Thrill, OMG I can't stop Laughing because you actually just joined my families last conversation, Everyone just left except my wife's closest cousins, we start looking at pics, Danny says OMG Bill your mitts are huge!!!! I say naw, gotta be the pic, so we start looking at others the others look worse than this one, and I show my hands, he's like BS, Bill your way way out of proportion ( I'm 5'5"), he then compares me to a gorilla and my vice grips become the joke of the night lol...

Guess its years of hard work showing through But You know what they say about the size of a mans hands :cool:

thrillhouse700

Hes gotta wear huge MMA gloves....

I have been doing ***** work and labor my whole life and I have girly hands. Still calloused all to hell tho.

tallcanadian

Captain

You can hide your son's whole head with those catchers' mitts. lol. Just kidding. They would be good for basketballs though.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

You can hide your son's whole head with those catchers' mitts. lol. Just kidding. They would be good for basketballs though.

Naw, just a lot of years of turning wrenches hands are full of muscle waiting to be developed, just a sign of hard work. Kinda like that one muscle & near your elbow looks like a golf ball , you only develop if you turn wrenches or row boats I do both , oh well

BTW, here is the whole clan I had no defense with everyone picking on my hands tonight lol

100_9682.jpg

Well long day & the wife is asleep beside me on the couch, guess its time for bed, night all

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks Harry :D lol, sorry Kev I couldn't resist Its Bill!!!! :p
I think you confused me with Hope she Floats:) see what happens when we don't talk for a bit ;) Thats ok, just don't call me Late For Dinner :D

Bill...my bad!!! What a moron..dont wanna get smacked by one of those bear paws either!!:eek:

sprintst

Commander

5am and barely slept all night :( still in pain and I have 40-50 people coming over for my sons 1st communion party today. Tables to set up, food to prepare ouch!

Hey Marlboro, I packed it in ice last night but I think the beer was part of the problem to begin with lol . My bike was 40' away I was just to lazy to get it

Hey Robby, Both :eek:, I'm getting older and my war wounds from over the years re-injure more easily . The stuff happening is me acting like a jerk some times :eek: sometimes I forget im not a kid anymore I still roller blade Ice skate and bike all the time. Even with pins in my leg, and a torn knee I still leg press 650 on the universal.

Hey Sprint, I used to have Celebrex, good stuff but I think they took that off the market for some reason.

Hey Snowy, Sorry to hear you have to spend the money on food and stuff instead of toys I just hate it when that happens ;)

As far as going to a Dr., I don't like doctors. The last time I went mine told me " yup you broke the L4 in your back, can have it operated on but wont do much good, here's some Percocet for the pain" Grrrrrrrr, why can't we be more like boats, "Well we'll replace that broken stringer and you'll be better than New :rolleyes: "

I think they too it off 'cause people were croakin' or 'cause it effects memory. Pretty sure it was Celebrex :)

thrillhouse700

Ah Bill sorry for starting the hand thing, at least you take it in good spirits. Plus, if any of these comments upset you, you can toss around those ham-hocks and drop some mother f*&kers.

tallcanadian

Captain

Hijack.

Great looking trains. Love them. I know there are a lot of hunters here. I've heard and read alot about firearms and stuff. A bit about bow hunting. I just started to get into bow hunting but still a novice. Can someone tell me what kind of bow this is??

ATT1.jpg

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hijack.

Great looking trains. Love them. I know there are a lot of hunters here. I've heard and read alot about firearms and stuff. A bit about bow hunting. I just started to get into bow hunting but still a novice. Can someone tell me what kind of bow this is??
I'd say 34C BUT....
I need to see it 1st hand, tell her to meet me at my hunting cabin I will give everything complete inspection and let ya know :D:D:D:D

EDIT- on 2nd thought, she is probably to young for this ol' man :redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.