Sierra Nevada changed brew?????

ezbtr

Commander
I am seriously alarmed!!! My favorite beer, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale has changed their flavor???? I swear the 12 pack boxes and 6 packs that have now a darker green lableing tastes different???!!!!! For the last 2 months or so??? Could this be??? The horror............now I have to find a new favorite after 7 years of bliss???? Its a plot, I tell ya.................

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant
Re: Sierra Nevada changed brew?????

Gotcha covered, try Bell's Pale Ale.
Brewed and bottled in Comstock Michigan and not pasteurized.
Deeelish!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

You mean you drink pale ale and it is not Harper's????
There must be something seriously wrong with you guys.

salty87

Commander

say it ain't so. they changed bottle caps a couple of years ago, non-twist. that was painful to learn.

i tried their Torpedo - Extra IPA the other day....yummy.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

You should just never mess around with a mans beer !!!
Come over to Canada and get some real beer !!!!

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sierra Nevada is one of my favorites, though I've gone cheaper lately (I never thought I'd go cheap on beer but money is tight and what little I have has gone into the boat lately. So it's go cheap or go without :().

But I've had SN Pale Ale it within the last couple months and it tasted the same to me, far as I could tell. Guess I'll have to pick some up now, strictly for research purposes ;)

Bass Man Bruce is right, Bell's Pale Ale is really good, and I like to support Michigan businesses. It's kind of pricey though, think it costs more than SN. But it's worth it!

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Hmm, I noticed a change in Bass beer (my beer of choice) as well. What, the economy tanks and beer gets an overhaul?! I used to drink Bass because it was the smoothest of the imports, now I have moved to Newcastle because paradoxically it is now smoother than Bass (Long ago I switched to Bass for the opposite reason).

I tried Michelob Amber Bach for a while, but it is just too .. American for me. Sure, it is darker and a little thicker, but it still clings to its **** beer roots.

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hmm, I noticed a change in Bass beer (my beer of choice) as well. What, the economy tanks and beer gets an overhaul?! ...

Y'know, I remember hearing awhile ago about a coming hop shortage , that was going to drive up the price of beer. Maybe some brewers are using less hops or going with cheaper, lower quality hops, and that is what's changing the taste. Just a guess, but I Googled "hops shortage" and found this article, which seems to bear my theory out:
http://blog.seattlepi.com/whatsontap/archives/123826.asp

Huron Angler

Admiral

Gotcha covered, try Bell's Pale Ale.
Brewed and bottled in Comstock Michigan and not pasteurized.
Deeelish!

I could not agree more! Bell's is the BEST beer company in Michigan without a doubt and possibly the world.

Oberon, Pale Ale, Winter Wheat- they are all great. I was surprised while I was living in Cincinnati that a bar had a keg of Oberon on tap.:D

They didn't have Labatts in ohio for domestic prices though:mad:

Glad to be living back in Michigan now- where Canadian beer is treated as a domestic:)

bekosh

Lieutenant

I noticed a change in the Sierra Nevada PA but thought it was just me.

I'll second (third, fourth...) the Bell's IPA, very good. Also, their Hop Slam is great! My number 1 favorite beer. Only available for 2 weeks in Jan & Feb.:(

Some other good strong IPA's are New Glarius, http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/, Hop Hearty IPA and Pyramid, http://www.pyramidbrew.com/, Thunderhead IPA.

twoforshow

Recruit

sierra nevada also my fav, had some yesterday didnt notice a change . cant wait to try bells . hope I can get it in upstate ny

i386

Captain

I'm not a big fan of IPA'a but I like a Sierra Nevada every once in a while. It has a very distinct taste. I'd wager I could identify it blindfolded. I will have to have one soon and see if it's different.

Don't ya hate it when they fix something that ain't broke?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Anyone ever try Alexander Keiths ???