Warning about Joey Jensen

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer
As some have read, I had a "falling out" with a rock in Weymouth area last year...seems the rock had "issues" with my lower unit hitting it going 25 mph...the rock decided to rip a large hole in the offending outdrive. I needed a new lower unit. I saw one on eBay for around $500. I contacted seller (Joey) to confirm that it would work on my boat. After a few emails he says that the one on ebay sold but he had another just like it...great. $500 + $50 shipping...decent deal.<br /><br />I pay him using Pay Pal and he says that it will be sent out that week. Week passes...no drive. Call several times..and he finally returns my call. Had some issues with FedEx and packaging...will be sent out today. Afer several emails and calls...he responds that it was sent and give me a tracking number. Tracking number turns out to be missing a number. After several more emails and calls, he give me a different number...tracking...sent out THAT day. Ok..now my drive is on it's way...track..in NY...track..in CT. Track..still in CT. Call FedEx..the tell me that package got destroyed in transit and the SENDER must file a claim. Call, email...finally track down his parent's work place (Jensen Marine - good people) and they get a messege to Joey..he calls. He calls FedEx...he tells me that he is filing a claim. I ask for my money back...he states that he has another one coming in a few days that he can send me once he looks it over. Fine. Month later he finally returns a call and says the drive came in but it needed a new reverse gear..he has it on order. Month after that..nothing. I contact Pay Pal but it has been too long since purchase for them to do anything. I contact parents and ask them to get a messege to him that I am going to file an complaint wiht Internet Fraud Division of FBI...phone rings 10 minutes later...he tells me that parts he need are on backorder..I tell him to refund my money...he agrees. No money. Week later get call that he is waiting for a check to clear. I extend complaint deadline a few days. Still no money. File complaint. Nothing has come of complaint yet. Called parents and asked if he was still around etc...they tell me that he "talked to his lawyer" and he said that Joey was not responsible since FedEx destroyed it..and that I would have to file claim. Called FedEx again to be sure...no claim filed and SENDER must file it. Been searching for the @$$hole since. Legal costs make it tough to go after him...may go small claims but best I can do at this time is get my $550 back...no comp for time and aggrevation. I have learned that he recently bought a bar in West Islip, NY DJ's Bar and Grill I believe. I need to confirm it(make a quick phone call to bar and ask for him)...but once I do...fell free to stop in and have a "drink on me". :) <br /><br />Just wanted other's to know about this loser since he is in the NY area and boats (hi-perf skeeters etc).<br /><br />-JustMrWill<br /><br />-Edit-<br />DJ'S PUB <br />( 631 ) 321 - 4798 <br />226 HIGBIE LN,WEST ISLIP,NY,11795

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Warning about Joey Jensen

Montauk Hwy (NYS Rt. 27A)<br />Yea JMW, the Jensen Marine is a fly-by-night deal I get from a reliable source.<br />Sorry to hear about another ebay deal gone bad because of an a**hole seller.

JustMrWill

Actually...Joey is 27 years old and from the sounds of it..has nothing to do with Jensen Marine (parents are "done" bailing his @$$ out). Parents were very understanding and helpful...I have no gripe with them.<br /><br />-JustMrWill

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by JustMrWill:<br /> Actually...Joey is 27 years old and from the sounds of it..has nothing to do with Jensen Marine (parents are "done" bailing his @$$ out). Parents were very understanding and helpful...I have no gripe with them.<br /><br />-JustMrWill
Yea well a guy that lives there gives me the low down on Jensen Marine also.<br />Again, sorry.

mattttt25

Commander

sorry to hear that. would this have been avoided if you conducted the transaction through ebay? he could have listed it with a buy it now price and you buy it. just wondering. always here you shouldn't take transactions out of ebay because you are not protected.

Twidget

Commander

Thanks for the warning and Im sorry to hear about your misfortunes.<br /><br />What type of lower unit are you looking for?

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

That's why I like to use Visa or MC. They will step in for you when there's a complaint.

JustMrWill

I have only talked to mother on phone and she seems nice enough...never done any business with them.<br /><br />I have a complete used outdrive now...from eBay...got it within days of auction ending...cost $1200 and it has tested out great (compression etc). Now working on re-installing.<br /><br />I thought I was protected through Pay Pal but I waited too long to give up on him.<br /><br />Once I confirm his ownership of the bar...anybody want to join me in a night of drinking? Just need one designated driver to get us te h3ll out of there after running up a $550 tab.. :) (Just kidding...that would not be NICE)<br /><br />-JustMrWill

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I think I could manage to gather a few friends for the drinking part.Now for the designated driver...,there might be problem finding one

Dunaruna

Admiral

I'll do it - if ya spring for the plane fare :cool:

JasonB

Lieutenant

This is very similar to some problems on another board, screamandfly.com and, from memory, I belive it to be the same individual. He went by the name of "Joey Jamz" or something over there. Same mo, sold stuff, didn't deliver, parents bailed him out some. Might be informatave reading for ya. I think it was in the lounge section.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /> would this have been avoided if you conducted the transaction through ebay? he could have listed it with a buy it now price and you buy it. just wondering. always here you shouldn't take transactions out of ebay because you are not protected.
Ebay "buyer protection" doesn't mean squat unfortunately. Take the little scrote to the small claims court if he won't file a claim-but tell him 1st quite how much a judgement against him will affect his ability to get enough credit to run his bar.

sloopy

Commander

Hey I can be your designated driver. :-D :D :D :D

JustMrWill

I actually have an extensive post on screamandfly.com's lounge forum...you probably read it. I beleive that he is basically banned from that forum now and is not welcome at any NY area boat club events :cool:.<br /><br />I keep wondering if it really was worth it for him to screw me? Atleast I am planning on making it cost abit more. When I get pissed...I tend to play dirty. :) I wonder how many times the board of health will be stopping by (annoymous complaints)...or how many reports of minors being served etc. I can be a REAL @$$h0le when I need to be...<br /><br />-JustMrWill

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Hmmmm, how many fruitflies can you fit in a brown paper bag?<br />Would be ashame if the health inspector found those flies in his booze bottles.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

"Don't get mad- get even"<br /><br />And enjoy doing it.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

You're under 200 miles away. I'd be real tempted to go and have a nice quiet 'chat' to the litle plonker!

Realgun

Commander

I think I could manage to gather a few friends for the drinking part.Now for the designated driver...,there might be problem finding one
I don't drink but I can drive. :)