Do You Collect Anything?

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Do You Collect Anything?

Originally posted by LazyJ:<br /> We have very similar interests OJB. I'm working on my 4th shoeboxfull of arrowheads. Just acquired my 26th Lucky 13 lure. <br /><br />My son turned 10 in '00 at which point he inherited my 10 1/2 gallon Jim Beam jugs full of various wheatleafs, indianhead, and buffalo nickel coins. We buried them on our farm and nobody living know they exist except him, me, and you folks. He is not to dig them up until he has a ten year old of his own to pass them on to, dearly hope I'm still around to enjoy that moment.<br /><br />I really like the old stuff, simply admiring an arrowhead gives me goosebumps thinking about the stories it could tell. How many "gee whiz" fish have them old lures caught? How many of them buffalo nickels was the only nickel some ol' sharecropper family had to their name?
LazyJ, your story about your Jim Beam jugs was so heart warming. Now that's a tradition worth saving. Thank you for sharing.<br />Bassy

cbavier

Lieutenant

I collect Lighthouses, Key Chains, Firewood, Christian Books, Old Bibles, Fish, Stuffed Ducks & Geese, Old Toys - both Wood and Metal, U.S. Stamps, Hats.

My wife collects, Spoons, Hummel Figurines, Snow Babies, Christian Books,Bears and
Bells,

aspeck

Staff member

I thought Heycods was at work again! :D

I collect firearms, coins, and hugs from the Mrs and kids.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Hello my name is Limited-Time, and I collect resurrected threads...............but fear not I only keep them for a limited time. :D:D:D

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yeah, LT - this is about the 4th one I've seen since the changeover. Think they are about 2 weeks late on the resurrection thing, though. :p

OldMercsRule

Captain

I collect old black boat anchors! (I hide 'em from the Libs)!! N' an ocaisional "ratboat" from time to time to hang 'em on. :D :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

:(:(:( Somebody resurrected this old thread from me old buddy NY Minute. I sure do miss him. :(:(:(

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Vintage fishing reels, some old lures and a few old outboards. My attempts to showcase the latter in my living room have been repeatedly thwarted by the lil woman.

spots

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

:(:( Somebody resurrected this old thread from me old buddy NY Minute. I sure do miss him. :(:(

One day your here, next day your gone :(:( I miss ole NYM too. Last posted September 30th, 2005, 10:01 AM

Bondo

Staff member

Do You Collect Anything?

Ayuh,..........

I'm an Admitted Pack-Rat,......... I collect EVERYTHING...........

And None of it goes to Waste,........
Most of it Isn't reused as designed,.......
But it IS Reused............

Even 2 year old threads........

aspeck

Staff member

:(:( Somebody resurrected this old thread from me old buddy NY Minute. I sure do miss him. :(

Somebody must have collected HIM! :( I miss him too! Oh NYM, where are you???? :(:( And what about Carphunter - I sure miss my super hero ... hope the PH is going well for him ...