What states don't allow kids sitting at the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcconnell63

Seaman
Re: What states don't allow kids sitting at the bar?

About kids in bars and young kids going out to eat and disturbing other people in the eatery. When I got married 40 yrs ago I stopped going to bars. I certanly wouldn't take my wife to a bar and then have to deal with the drunks and there remarks. We did drink but it was at home or at a party. I never took my kids to a bar unless it was a bowling ally and then I didn't drink. I don't drink anymore because of health reasons but my wife and I injoyed when we were young. And now all of our kids are married and none of them drink. Just my 2 cents, Al PS: Our daughter brings a portable DVD player when they go out to eat and the kids are quite and happy watching there shows.

Charlotte57

Recruit
I disagree with the person who said to do not like kids. I am a grandparent. I love all my children and grandchildren but when I am out at a bar relaxing I do not want children next to me. I can see when parents on vacation may think it’s ok. But parents, as I am one too, need to be considerate of others. Wanting to be in an area where it’s generally adult only most adults, parents or not, need a break from children. It has nothing to do with liking them. Parents need to be aware of others. And respect if we need a break from our children we certainly need a break from yours too.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Ahhhh the smell of nostalgia in the air........... This post was from 2008 and that was over 10 years ago.

The children discussed in this post ......... some are now old enough to drink at a bar, vote and post to iboats!!!

Welcome Charlotte57 to a great boating forum where we can discuss just about anything..........now, tell us about your boat and start a new post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.