What states don't allow kids sitting at the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What states don't allow kids sitting at the bar?

And, according to the cop Wisconsin has a not a drop law like MN. If you under 21 driving and you have had one drop of alcohol you get a ticket and loose your license.

That would have to be based on some kind of BAC, otherwise, what if he had a beer a week ago?

ricksrster

Commander

Kids do not belong in a bar! PERIOD.:mad:

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer

in north dakota you cant. i went to the bar a while back with a freind to play pool, he forgot his id at home. got carded as we were getting ready for a game. he said, well im not going to drink anything im just here to play pool, they told him he had to leave he couldent be in there. and he was of drinking age but dident have proof of it with him.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Great Minds and Mooses think alike!

I half agree.

Face it we are both in Tourist area's. I expect that would happen from people who are visiting. I do not consider a true bar for a place for children but a bar/resturant is a differant story..... I expect the children.

Caveman Charlie

Chief Petty Officer

That would have to be based on some kind of BAC, otherwise, what if he had a beer a week ago?

I'm not sure how that works. I do know when it went through the local police were against it. They said enforcement of such a law would be difficult. Not a bad law in theory, it sounds good to me. But, how do you make it work?

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also live in N.Y and I thought you had to be 18 to be in the bar area? Thats what all the signs say anyway.

Expidia

Commander

I also live in N.Y and I thought you had to be 18 to be in the bar area? Thats what all the signs say anyway.

That's probably a regional law. I've never noticed any signs upstate unless the particular restaurant owner chooses to display a sign stating that.

And don't get me going on people yakking loudly on their cellphones while you're trying to enjoy your $100 tab either at the bar or a table. If I have to take a call while in a restaurant, I step outside out of the consideration of others. I'm far from perfect, but that's the way I was brought up . . . conideration for others, it's a lost art!

Kudo's to the growing count of restaurants that have signs now saying "no cell phones" allowed.

That's one of my other beefs! I would think the same type of personality that allows their kids to sit at bars, are the same ones that yak away in your ear. These were probably the same folks that used to puff away while you were trying to eat dinner. Your food arrives, they finished "their" meal and then they used to light up right when "your" food comes!

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

That's one of my other beefs! I would think the same type of personality that allows their kids to sit at bars, are the same ones that yak away in your ear. These were probably the same folks that used to puff away while you were trying to eat dinner. Your food arrives, they finished "their" meal and then they used to light up right when "your" food comes!

If you don't like it, don't sit in the smoking section. Sheesh.

Caveman Charlie

Chief Petty Officer

Smoking is illegal now in MN in all public places. Including bars, has been that way in restaurants for years. You can't even smoke outdoors at a park. I'm not sure about on your boat. On the one hand your on your private property. On the other hand your on public water. I'm sure it will end up in court someday.

Expidia

Commander

Smoking is illegal now in MN in all public places. Including bars, has been that way in restaurants for years. You can't even smoke outdoors at a park. I'm not sure about on your boat. On the one hand your on your private property. On the other hand your on public water. I'm sure it will end up in court someday.

It's true and sad we have to endure over regulation. But on the other hand have you ever seen an ashtray on a boat? One can only imagine how many cigarette filters that are just flicked into our pristine lakes annually! I wonder how many fish swallow the butts?

I frequent the Adirondack mountains and drivers, especially the truckers coming down from Canada along this route think nothing of just flicking their cigarettes out their windows. One notices it more at night when the trail of sparks are flying along the highway (until the winds blow them into the woods). Seems no one cares about forest fires.

Many beaches (and parks) are banning smoking too as smokers just stub their butts in the sand and treat the beaches like big ashtrays.

I know we've strayed from the original topic, but the common denominator IMO is just having a little consideration for others and a little class and we wouldn't see the growing trend towards over regulation.

Hey, this forum is called dockside chat and I'm just chatting along here :)

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

It's true and sad we have to endure over regulation. But on the other hand have you ever seen an ashtray on a boat? One can only imagine how many cigarette filters that are just flicked into our pristine lakes annually! I wonder how many fish swallow the butts?

I frequent the Adirondack mountains and drivers, especially the truckers coming down from Canada along this route think nothing of just flicking their cigarettes out their windows. One notices it more at night when the trail of sparks are flying along the highway (until the winds blow them into the woods). Seems no one cares about forest fires.

Many beaches (and parks) are banning smoking too as smokers just stub their butts in the sand and treat the beaches like big ashtrays.

I know we've strayed from the original topic, but the common denominator IMO is just having a little consideration for others and a little class and we wouldn't see the growing trend towards over regulation.

Hey, this forum is called dockside chat and I'm just chatting along here :)

I doubt too many fish swallow the butts. It would be like you eating a turd just because it was served on a plate. It doesn't smell good to them, taste good to them, or resemble any natural food source.

That being said, there aren't too many ash trays on boats because of the explosion hazard with fuel fumes.

As far as the littering goes, instead of banning smoking for everyone, including the responsible people who dispose of their butts in the proper manner, they should just ban littering. Of course, they already have. Problem is, officers don't enforce the laws that are already in place. So instead of placing blame on the cops for not enforcing the laws, we write more laws, give up more freedoms, just so we can PC and not say that the cops simply aren't doing their jobs when they see someone breaking the law. Is that going to stop everyone? No, but neither will banning smoking entirely. Thing is, if they start writing those $500 tickets for littering, most people will stop, and those who don't, will be paying for the cleanup.

SgtMaj

Expidia

Commander

This message is hidden because SgtMaj is on your ignore list.

Oops sorry . . . I don't know what your comments are since I put you on my ignore list!

Gotta Luv that feature!

But even without reading your comments I'm sure they are inline with your past responses. What do you sit up at night waiting for my posts so you can flame in :confused:

But keep trying, don't give up just because I'm not listening . . . I enjoy seeing your name pop up every now and then because it tells me the filters working.

They should call it the "talk to the hand" feature :D

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

This message is hidden because SgtMaj is on your ignore list.

Oops sorry . . . I don't know what your comments are since I put you on my ignore list!

Gotta Luv that feature!

But even without reading your comments I'm sure they are inline with your past responses. What do you sit up at night waiting for my posts so you can flame in :confused:

But keep trying, don't give up just because I'm not listening . . . I enjoy seeing your name pop up every now and then because it tells me the filters working.

They should call it the "talk to the hand" feature :D

AYUH, not going to stop me from responding since everyone else can still see. Ignoring forum members only puts you at a disadvantage when it comes to a debate. So if your question is "do I care?" the answer is no. You can handicap yourself all you want.

"Here's your sign" :D

By the way, I'm up nights, because I work nights.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

kids are not allowed in the bars here with out there parents and if ya wanna take the rug rat to the strip joint go for it but the kid will get all the attation

Nandy

Commander

I doubt too many fish swallow the butts.

Wrong. While fishing a state park here in NC I witness a #$%@$#% throw a cigarette butt in the river upstream from me. Before it made it to me I saw several trout go for it until one got it. Given the chance that it could have been that the butt got waterlogged and went to the bottom of the river or I was not able to see it when it went pass me.
Up to this day I have an urge to tie a cigarette butt fly... ;)

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Wrong. While fishing a state park here in NC I witness a #$%@$#% throw a cigarette butt in the river upstream from me. Before it made it to me I saw several trout go for it until one got it. Given the chance that it could have been that the butt got waterlogged and went to the bottom of the river or I was not able to see it when it went pass me.
Up to this day I have an urge to tie a cigarette butt fly... ;)

Hm, I haven't experienced that, even with carp... but I guess some fish do go for them. That kinda sucks.

Expidia

Commander

kids are not allowed in the bars here with out there parents and if ya wanna take the rug rat to the strip joint go for it but the kid will get all the attation

Hahahah that's funny. Kinda like when you walk a dog in the park . . . it's the dog that draws all the attention!

Nandy

Commander

Im telling you, them stupid stockers went for it. Now there is a fly named the shimy fly. It is no more that a piece of chamois in the hook. People that use it say it is a killer on stocked trout. Maybe them trout had just been stocked and they reacted that way... I have no idea. Worst thing was I had a real hard time getting bites. That cigarette but was an insult! LOL!

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Im telling you, them stupid stockers went for it. Now there is a fly named the shimy fly. It is no more that a piece of chamois in the hook. People that use it say it is a killer on stocked trout. Maybe them trout had just been stocked and they reacted that way... I have no idea. Worst thing was I had a real hard time getting bites. That cigarette but was an insult! LOL!

Ha ha, that's always the way it works. You can lay out the most delicious looking fly, they won't touch it. But the one that looks so fake and looks like nothing they eat naturally, they'll hit that every time you drop one in the water without a line attached to it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.