The whole world is sick!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Man alive... It's going around... THE CRUD! :eek: <br /><br />I swear, it seems like everyone I know is either comming down with, has, or is just getting over a cold... It seems to be one of those strains of the cold that folks just can't shake... <br /><br />My poor bud Joe has been snot'n and sneez'n for about three weeks, and can't shake it.. He says one day he feels good, next day he feels like a "turd" (his own words)... Everyone in his family's had a cold in the last month or so.. <br /><br />My Dad did'nt quite get the full brunt of it, but still, he's been snot'n for a couple weeks... Mom just came down with it few days ago, and she feels rotten..<br /><br />My bud Kev and his whole gang have had it.. Many of my customers have it.. Some of the guys at the yard have it.. Go to the store, their snot'n everywhere...<br /><br />I'm surrounded... Thats it! I ain't letting it get me, no sir.. With all these sick people around, I'm wearing my paint respirator for the rest of the season... :p

gonfishn

Commander
Re: The whole world is sick!

You can keep it your way Snapper..Although your thread reminds me of an old saying from long ago..<br /><br />When your out with your honey and her nose starts running and you think its funny well its<br />sn-not.. :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

And to think Florida is one of only 5 states that has not had a "massive outbreak" of the flu this season. :eek:

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Florida is not alone snapper. Up here in Minnesota everyone has got it as well. I heard somewhere that all of this antibiotic soaps we are using now is making our immune system week. Dont know if that is true but I know that I get sick a lot more often now than I did 10 years ago. Then again I didnt have children (little incubators)ten years ago.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I don't think we are getting sick because of soaps or any of that, I think it is basic evolution combined with global travel. It takes no time for a communicable disease to make it from some obscure location to our country. Also, as our population is expanding at a horrid rate (another topic you don't want to get me started on-we are breeding too much and exhausting the worlds resources for selfish reasons), we are creating more breeding grounds for disease. Viruses evolve at a dramatic rate, and there really is little we can do. I have been sick more this year than in my entire life....

crab bait

Captain

everyear,, seems like i catch everthin' that comes down the pike.. but never the flu or the bad stuff.. just colds an this hellacious bug that lasts & lasts till i doctor-up an kill it... <br /><br />an guy on the job swears by-the-flu-shot.. swears it ward's off everthin'.. even colds..<br /><br />so this year,, way early,, i got a fLU shot.. way before all the hoop-la...<br /><br />i've been healthy as summertime... not one sniffle ,, not one sneeze... <br /><br />i'll-tell-you-what..!!! i'll not ever not get a flu shot.. EVER..!!

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

You really wanna know how this stuff spreads?<br />Higher population=higher concentration of people. Easy, right?<br />Now, go to any public place; restaurant, bar, roadside stand, mall, grocery store, etc....and use the public restroom facilities. I am AMAZED at how few people wash their hands after using the john.<br />Don't matter if you wash your hands, because after your done, you open the door to get out, touching the same door knob/escalator rail/stairwell/etc.... as the folks who don't wash their hands......<br />This is but one of a few of the results of the breakdown in discipline and decency in our society.

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

You are also touching the knobs on the sink.<br /><br />Your hands are dirty when you turn on the sink. Then wash your hands. Then touch the knobs you just touched before washing your hands.<br /><br />Now they are dirty again(in a germ sense).<br /><br />Same with the person who washed their hands in the sink before you and the one before them.......<br /><br />Get my point??<br /><br />People are turning on the sink with dirty hands. Then after they wash their hands the germs are still on the knobs from when they turned the sink on with dirty hands.<br /> Then you come in , wash your hands and turn the sink off touching the dirty knobs.<br />So even if you wash your hands the public restroom sinks are still cotaminated and you may pick up some more germs just by turning off the faucet after washing your hands.

Homerr

Commander

I keep a bottle of that "hand sanitizer" stuff in my car and at work.<br /><br />This stuff doesn't need water to work, and it dries fast.<br /><br />When I get out of a store, I immediately wash my hands with it.<br /><br />While in stores, I try not to touch my mouth or nose etc... That's a quick way to get a bug.<br /><br />And if you have school kids around, pummel them with the same rules. WASH WASH WASH.<br /><br />I gave my kids the hand sanitizer to keep with them too.<br /><br />H.

crab bait

Captain

for the most part,, i wear jeans.. i always carry with me in the watchpocket a little tiny bottle of 'purell' handsanitizer.. you get them in any drugstore..<br /><br />it's always with me..<br /><br />i buy the big pump bottle to replace when empty..

KennyKenCan

Commander

crab bait,<br /><br />OK, we know from the other thread that you don't like underwear. Huh?<br /><br />And now we know through this thread that you carry around "Purell" in the watchpocket of your jeans. Hummmmmm?<br /><br />But can you explain exactly, just what the heck you doing with a big pump???? LoL :D

crab bait

Captain

some things need to be kept secret.. even here on IBOAT... ;) <br /><br />now i see.. the topic here is 'the whole world is sick.' ;) <br /><br />i thought it was the other topic ;)

lund17

Petty Officer 1st Class

I run a Hess gas station/store. It's the money. People sneeze into their hands, lick the jelly donut off their fingers, pick their noses - then reach in their pockets and hand you a five. Short of wearing latex gloves all day there's nothing you can do. Six of my nine employees have been sick and me too. Last week two at once and Iworked the overnight plus my own shift 'til 3pm for three days straight! Next thing ya know I'm wheezin' too. I also agree with the hand washing thing. I'm amazed at the people who walk out withiut even looking at a sink and by their appearance they seem to be educated professionals. It is a lack of courtesy(to those you contact) discipline and decency.

oddjob

Commander

Jimchere and Boatingfool,<br /><br />I feel your pain and I have developed a 5 step system: :) :D <br /><br />1.Turn water on. <br />2.Wash hands. <br />3.Get paper towel, grab with left hand (optional)and advance paper with right. <br />4.Place right hand fingers into soap and again rinse under the (still running) water. <br />5.Turn off water with paper towel in left hand. <br />Use same towel to exit.<br /><br />I hate using public bathrooms because of the reasons stated above. Pushing the cart in the store.eek! :( <br /><br />Dont have a system for the money issue though. :eek:

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

My system is to flush using my foot.<br /><br />Pushing the doors open with my elbow.<br /><br />If I have to pull the door open I use my pinky finger on my right hand because I am left handed.<br /><br /> In my mind that is the finger that has the least chance of coming in contact with my face or food or whatever. :)

crab bait

Captain

i'm gonna clue yous in on the absolute worst culprit of all.. that nobody relizes.. an this is year round.. all the time.. <br /><br />SQEEZE KETCHUP BOTTLES & ect..<br /><br />W R A P the wax paper 'round them first .napkin or sumptin'... where talkin' MAJOR NASTY here ,folks...bottle all greasy.!! <br /><br />people eatin' their fries .. fingers all up in their mouths.. let me see ,, need little more ketchup ... where's that ketchup bottle..?? ...get the picture... <br /><br />this is a public service.. no thanks needed..