It's my time to share.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
You all won't believe what happened today.<br />It's a miracle! It really happened. <br /> Let's give you a little history:<br /> July 4th Mom and Dad got on my list because a disagreement.<br /> I went all that time with out talking to them, until today.<br />I knew I couldn't see my Mom. She hurt me and my husband. I thought I couldn't forgive her.<br /> My Mom and Dad gave a beautiful gift(through the mail), that we got to today. I couldn't believe it! It was one of those gifts that you can't thank through mail.( Do any of you know the ones?)<br /> This is one.<br /> So, I call my Mom and Dad. I had the most beautiful conversation with my Mom. (My Dad is still a pain, but we had an okay conversation too.). Miracles are able to be true. I thought I was so angry. But today I'm not!! I'm so glad I can forgive!! It's so important to me.<br /> Thank you all at iboats for being there for me. You've helped me. Thank you! :D

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: It's my time to share.

Thanks for sharing, Bassy! That is great news!<br />I've been on that emotional rollercoaster with my Mom this year, too. But, face it, parents don't always do the right thing (I know from being on both sides of THAT fence, hehehe). Time passes much too quickly to let grievances build a wall between family members. They are reaching out to you, in their own way, and you've responded. Here's hoping that everyone sets aside their differences and gets on with the life of loving and caring for each other. You are indeed lucky for the opportunity!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Thats great news Bassy, keep good relations with your parents. It is important for you as well as them. Due to my events between my son, and the events with my parents 20 years ago, I now have visited both sides of the fence.<br /><br />21 years ago, my father and I pretty much seperated our relations that lasted for almost 2 years. During that 2 year period I would visit them. I had no problem with mom, but dad would always be sending me home as a basket case. Alcohol became my friend and then my enemy. 2 weeks after I confronted my problem, my main goal was to straighten things out with dad. I was verly glad I did, because just 1 week later my dad passed away due to a heart attack. Everyday I am thankful we made up. I just don't know what my life would have been like if he had passed away before we made up. I still regret the 2 years before he died, time that could have been contructive instead of distructive.<br /><br />Life is very short and every minuet should be valued. Fighting and arguing over who is right and wrong is senseless. There are ways to get along while keeping your opinion. I found forgivness works best.

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It is good to reconcile with family, if possible. Unfortunately, you cannot choose family like you can friends, and sometimes it is impossible.<br /><br />People sometimes ask me why I don't watch the "Survivor" series, and I tell them if I wanted to watch a bunch of selfish, lying, backstabbing, boorish people, I would just attend my next family reunion.<br /><br />Oh, well. So it goes!

tylerin

Commander

Congrats Bassy, I think forgiveness is underrated. Bassy you didn't mention your husband. Probably take a little longer for him to forgive

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

tylerin-<br />I don't know if my husband will be able to forgive. He's seen how my parents are with me and how much they've hurt me over and over the years and this was the last straw. He has no use for them. That's okay with me. He'll come around someday, maybe, but it's his decision.

SoulWinner

Commander

A spirit of unforgiveness is a terrible burden upon the spirit. Such burdens are best traded to the Lord, for His burden is easy and His yoke is light. :)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for sharing Bassy, your post gives one pause for thought, this life is so short and too precious :) .

cotterman

Chief Petty Officer

life is too short to be burdened with feud amongst, especially, family as I have been reminded of once again. A best buddy from work just passed away from cancer at the age of 45 with two young boys aged 13 and 11. too sad.<br />let our time here be positive, as really nothing is worth wasting our time, limited time together.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Thank you all for your thoughts. It feels good to share with ones who understand how powerful forgiveness is.

LadyFish

Admiral

Bassy, good job. Its definetly a step in the right direction. :)

tylerin

Commander

Bassy, I don't blame your husband, as a matter a fact I knew from your original post thats how it went down. My rules are simple, I can forgive you for whatever you do to me, but don't F with my wife and kids.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

tylerin-<br />You and my husband see eye-to-eye. I'm very glad he's that way. He's helped me become stronger to get my parents to back off, but the guilt still finds me and tries to get me to back down first when it isn't me that did anything wrong. So, my husband it very good for me in that way, along with many others. Thank God for good men.