Merry Christmas! Dont forget to take a moment ...

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
I think that we tend to forget, with all the money tumbling like rain out of the pockets and the traffic and the hassles and the decisions that have to be made that we tend to forget that Christmas is about peace and joy and love, not buying boxloads for her and bagfulls for him<br /><br />sometime today, STOP<br /><br />just a few minutes<br /><br />look into the eyes of your significant other, or into the tree, or if nothing else the flickering light of a candle<br /><br />Just to see the light, what a miracle that is<br /><br />to hear, to taste, to simply stand and walk closer to the tree<br /><br />Miracles all<br /><br />Think of all that you have to be thankful for<br /><br />The kiss of love<br /><br />The gift of life itself<br /><br />Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays<br /><br /> :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Merry Christmas! Dont forget to take a moment ...

You are sooo right there, Ray. Thanks for ther reminder. Have a good day.<br />Bassy

tylerin

Commander

Oh Ray, you ole Softy. :) How right you are Thanks for the reminder :)

bubbakat

Captain

Why ray that is profound :D

Homerr

Commander

Yea, Ray...<br /><br />Brought a tear to my eye!<br />How right you are.<br /><br />It's easy to get lost in today's fast pace.<br />Sometimes I get so frustrated at society, that you just want to crawl into a hole and forget it all.<br /><br />The older I get, the more I really understand the meaning of "The best things in life are free"<br />I never really understood this until I was out fishing one day on the ocean. The calm, yet vastness makes you stop and take it in. Somehow it's my 'hole' I like to crawl into.<br /><br />Even for just a split second... It makes you really enjoy everything around you.<br />From the birds, to the crabs, the relentless sea lions, or to the salty fisherman and his "colorful metaphores"... A moment in time like that makes you thank God you are here to enjoy its splendor.<br /><br />Merry Christmas!<br /><br />H.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for a beautiful post Ray--<br /><br />My families best to Yours Ray and All. An excellent Christmas my family has had--dropped by to say hi to all here.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

::cough:: dammned drugged eggnog, messed up my sensitivity filters<br /><br />::sound of creaking iron gears::<br /><br />*GRUNT* ::breaking out the broadsword::<br /><br />ah, bettah!!!!<br /><br />MAPPY BOXING DAY, eh?<br /><br /> :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Amen Ray!<br /><br />It seems that a person easily forgets what he has until its gone. Sometimes you can take friends a family for granted and never realize how important they are to you unitl their gone. <br /><br />A person must stop and look back and see that the good things such as caring, sharing, and brotherly love is what keeps us together. No matter how rotten things can be, Life is great and should never ever be taken for granted.

aspeck

Staff member

Ray, somehow tooking into a plastic and metal tree does not give any sense of miracle .... But thanks for the rest of the sentiment. You are a sentimental old fool afterall (as opposed to the plain old fool we all thought you were :D ;) )!<br /><br />Happy Boxer Day!

LadyFish

Admiral

Very nice Ray ! :) <br /><br />Christmas has a way of bringing out the best in all of us. :)

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

The doc telling me my kidneys were going bad pretty fast has me in a pretty major re-evaluation of life<br /><br />Not that I have ever in life had a problem telling people what to do or how I felt on a subject<br /><br />Just seems somehow silly to worry about judgement, or being judged a fool :p <br /><br />more importantly, MOST importantly ... <br /><br />is there anyone you love, that you havent told "I Love You" to lately?<br /><br />Mom, Dad,Wife or Husband, Significant others, siblings, whoever they are, call them, call them into the room, or on the phone, just to say I LOVE YOU!!!!!<br /><br /> :)

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Absolutely right.<br /><br />In our modern time, when stuff you need is bought almost on the spot regardless of the time of year, it gets hard to come up with a meaningful wishlist for X-mas.<br /><br />What a great way to take the commercial interests out of this wonderful occasion and focus on the intangible values of your family and friends.<br /><br />One of the most valuable things in life, that you can't buy in any giftshop, that nobody can buy in a shop for themselves and that is highly appreciated by parents, kids and all close to you is YOUR TIME. <br /><br />Give your loved ones more of it!<br />Time to be with you, time to do things, time to develop relationships.<br /><br />And the best of it all? The more you give, the more you gain :)

armysfcret

Seaman Apprentice

"not buying boxloads for her and bagfulls for him".<br /> My dad loves to fish and hasn't dropped a hook in the water for almost three years since moving down here to SE AZ. I decided to load up the 'toon and take him fishing last week. Didn't cost a dime other than fuel and some nightcrawlers. Started out at about 24 degrees and frost. By the time we got to the lake it was up to about 50 with a slight wind. Had the whole lake to ourselves. Didn't have a nibble all day. (Hmm, maybe the other fishermen knew something we didn't!) :) Left about 3 pm and came home. He told me it was the best gift he could have gotten. Fish or no fish. You are right Ray. You don't have to spend money to make someone's Christmas.