iboats paranoia

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander
You know, the forums are getting more and more useless as far as discussing any product at all....there were several posts regarding a company selling Mercuruiser "Clone" outdrives that were immediatly closed by Moderator 1 because "iboats sells outdrives. Advertising fot he competition is not allowed" There was NO advertising involved...and for that matter while iboats does indeed sell outdrives...they don't sell THAT outdrive. For example... using this logic ANYTHING that is sold by iboats cannot be discussed without mentioning iboats as a sole source due to the fear of competition, even if it's not the same exact item!.... Need an engine? Well iboats sells engines...maybe not the engine you are looking for, but iboats sells engines so no mention of any other sellers!! Same with anything else offered by iboats! No matter if is the same thing or not....no mention of competitors period.....Kinda paranoid there, aren't we, iboats?

FLATHEAD

Commander
Re: iboats paranoia

Lighten up Francis :D Merry Christmas have a safe and happy holiday. :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Bomar, I understand your angst. Fortunately there is a solution. You could pony up and start your own website where you decide the rules. <br /><br />The fact of the matter is that Iboats, at some expense, provides this forum for one purpose and that is simply to foster business and NOT to provide a forum to give it's competition a leg up. In so doing they have generously allowed us to discuss other, non boating issues.<br /><br />Give em a break, walk a mile in their shoes and have a Merry Christmas.

tylerin

Commander

bomar76, I understand your complaint ,so don't get me wrong here. Lets put yourself in their shoes, lets say you own a store selling shoes, and inside this store many people congregate and talk about shoes and shoe repair. Out of the godness of your heart you allow this to go on as long as its not a complete disturbance. At times you have to remind a few where they are. Now are you going to allow some of the guys to start selling shoes as well, even though they're not exactly the same ones you're selling. I highly doubt it, and if you did you wouldn't be in business very long

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Questions, comments, complaints and suggestions about the Bulletin Board policies, management or moderation should be directed to iboats by Email.