u of del 1-AA champs.!!

crab bait

Captain
it sure feels good to have a local champ team.. beein' a very small state an always in the shadows of philadelphia an baltimore ,, delaware has no pro teams.. <br />boy, this is great..!! the best xmas present we could ask for.. <br /><br />the fightin' blue hens did good.. considerin' the first year in 1-AA an ( get this ) the first year with a new head coach.. just unbelieveable...<br /><br />they should really take on a pro team.. these boys are that good... just total enililation all year long.. just total blow outs...<br /><br />we'er all proud amongya's

aspeck

Staff member
Re: u of del 1-AA champs.!!

U of D did a great job this year. They are an impressive team. Enjoyed watching them some this year. They could sure give some 1-A teams a run for their money. Congrats to U of Deleware for an great football team.

mattttt25

Commander

congrats. you guys did play well. actually beat my navy (no blow-out and navy should have won :) ), but it was a win against a good 1a team.<br /><br />you guys stole keeler from us (rowan aka glassboro state, my home hometown div 3 school). he's a great coach that should take you guys far.

crab bait

Captain

thanks, guys for the praise... sure is great... we'er senior heavy,tho.. maybe this will help in the recruit...<br /><br />we always get laughed at for beein' 'blue hens'i.e chickens...but to know why,, it's a fine tribute..<br /><br />the delaware regiment in the revolutionary war carried with them the best fightenest ,scrapyest,game birds there were for big stake cockfights on their offtime from battle .. the delaware blue hens.. highly praised an sought after...<br /><br />now,, the reason they have the exact same helmets as the 'wolverines',,, i have no clue...

mattttt25

Commander

crab- you can find it on the web. i looked it up one time. something like a michigan coach back in the day put the stripes on the helmet to help the qb see his wr's better. years later he moved on to deleware (maybe as a coach or ad) and did the same.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations, CB.!<br /><br />Moving to Chat.