Snow accumualtion

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
To date, Mansfield has 19.5 inches of snowfall for the season so far. Ahead of last year. In the snow belt where they get lake effect, they are in the 40+inch range.<br /><br />What is your total so far?<br /><br />SS

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Snow accumualtion

wev'e gotten about 10 inches total here, but it's<br />been in 50's for 2 days and it's all gone. the<br />lakes are warmer than normal for this time of yr<br />and I think we are gonna have major lake effect<br />snow in near future.

one more cast

Captain

somewhere around 30-35" total about a foot on the ground now with temps in the 40's.

KennyKenCan

Commander

So far this year here on Long Island, we've had 24" of snow so far, in 2 storms, but it all has melted away.<br /><br />This year has begun just like it did a year ago, lets hope it's not as severe.

gaugeguy

Captain

We have had two nor'easters already. 24" in the first, 14" in the second. We have had rain and some warm weather, so we have lost quite a bit of it. Probably still got 16" on the ground. Snowmobile is running great!! :cool:

ndemge

Commander

we've had almost 2 inches!<br /><br />st. louis....

Ralph 123

Captain

We had over 3 feet in one storm alone a couple of weeks ago here in Boston. We then got hit with another 6" so we must be over 40" by now.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Our snowfall has proabably been an estimated 20 inches but do to pack and melt we are down to about 6". We could use a bit more as winters can be hard without good snowcover here before the bitter cold hits. See what develops this weekend.

aspeck

Staff member

2 major snows in Central PA, and a bunch of flurries. 2 Thaws also, so the close to 30 inches that came down so far is now down to about an inch. But more may be coming tomorrow - we can only hope!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

The most we got was 8" at one time. The rest was 2" to 4" several times. Just enough for them to keep the salt on the roads.

tylerin

Commander

0" here in Cal, just a 6.5 on the richter scale yesterday :(

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SS, 60 miles south of you, we got about 1" last night. Total for the season is less than 3"

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Don't know the seasonal total thus far, but less than you have had. Had to shovel 2x so far. We are south of the edge of the snow belt that hits Mansfield.<br />We are in between BrianFD and SSMayfloat, and it was snowing to beat the band last night...then it changed back to rain just long enough to melt it.<br />Seems like this winter is beginning like last year when we got significant accumulations every 5 days or so.

Homerr

Commander

We got pounded last night...<br />The highways in and out are still closed.<br />GOOD! Keep the Californians out! :D <br /><br />Lost power 'round 1 am this morning.<br /><br />KEV!<br /><br />Get me a job up there! I'd love to see all that snow!<br /><br />H.

ZmOz

Captain

Got 3 inches last night...that is the first accumulation we've had in years. That's the most snow period we've had in at least 10 years. But if you're talking rain, we've had a good 40 feet by now. :D

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I did some plowing yesterday and today, and New Years is looking good for more plowing. We have received about 28 inches so far, but there have been enough warm spells with rain to melt off enough to where we have about a foot on the ground right now. Thats okay, makes it easier to stack the snow when I plow, it gives me more room to place snow....

Fly Rod

Commander

Here on Cape Ann Massachusetts a few weeks ago we had about 18" of snow then we had rain and then grass while Boston 36 miles away and Danvers just 15 miles away had 3' or more of all snow