canada and pot

NOSLEEP

Commander
Re: canada and pot

Paul Martin on CBC news world just a few minutes<br />ago said, He plans to submit legislation to<br />change laws allowing for simple possession of<br />marijuana to be decriminalized.

tylerin

Commander

Would anybody care for a brownie?..... I made them myself :D :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Due to the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 is why Marijuana is illegal. The debate that passed it into law took less than two minuets. The AMA was represented by an unknown source that gave false information. It passed on a hot july day in a bldg with no air conditioning.<br /><br />It is a pretty wild story on how it became illegal. To me it was one of those laws that has cost citizens and the government billions in dollars. <br /><br />Must say that the 2 1/2 years of being on the board, this is the first time I have seen a topic of this nature. Will be a excellent debate topic.<br /><br />The attorneys make too much money off it, that is why it will remain illegal. Just my thought......

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Ok I have a bit knowledge on this subject. although I have been 100% striaght and sober for over 4 years I smoked weed for 16 years. #1 Ryan your wrong..... all drugs including alcochol makes you stupid and you will never get all of your brain cells back from any of them. #2 hemp does not get you high or rather the type of weed that is grown to produce the best hemp is very low in thc. #3 As for driving on weed ....a few hits of good pot to a user who gets high here and there will produce a buzz just as dangerous as a moderete drinker knocking down 4-5 beers and even after they build a tolerence. it would be no different from a alcoholic drinking a few beers and driving, just my opinion, but not a good idea. also not everybody who smokes pot does other drugs as well but the lifestyle tends to introduce one to other drugs.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I'm # 4 in a family of 5. #2 and #3 were heavily into pot in their high school years. #3 tried to get me into it. I don't know what turned me off from it, but I'm so thankful it did. I smoked it and remember getting the munchies(hungry). I stopped. I tried it once or twice over my college years( along with the coke, crank(once), mushrooms(once))and again, I didn't carry those through my life. I stopped after I tried it. <br />It hasn't hurt me. My older brother(#2) says it affected his memory. So, who knows? If you smoke it, you suffer the concequences. Only you know.<br /> MHO.<br />Bassy

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

hemp and maryjane are VERY different as hemp has<br />very low levels of THC. people could smoke a bunch<br />of low grade hemp and never get a buzz.<br />however to the gov't they are the same?<br />yes hemp USED to be used for rope, but not any<br />more. to repeat a point; hemp could give us all<br />of the paper we ever needed, but instead we cut<br />down trees for pulp? idiotic to me.

11 footer

Lieutenant

mikeandronda,<br />I still dissagree. If you had drank 4-5 beers a day or 16 years and didn't smoke any weed, no question you be quicker today then you are. (No offence, you may smart still)<br /><br />One of my uncles use to be into drug's really bad. Not just weed, but coke and herion. This was all before I was born, but he used the threse dayley along with drinking alot for over 15years. He didn't lose anything, mostley because he worked for himself and no one could fire him. This was all over 20years ago, its clean now. But the long term affects still affect his dayey life.He often can't remember things, he has prolbems with the vanes in his arms and lets from them shooting "H" into them and his feet are all messed up from it too. I can notice that he was a user, you can just tell. It takes someone who was a user for a long time or someone one who smoked junk even the day before, they take longer to do metal tasks and just act plane old stupid.

D

DJ

Marijuana useage is MUCH more difficult for law enforcement to detect and determine level of in toxic ation than alcohol. (the key root word here is toxic)<br /><br />That in itself ought to scare people.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

hey Ryan,<br /> Drinking 5-6 beers a day for 16 years and smokoing dope for the same amount of time will cause effects that only God knows how it will effect you. Your right in saying pot will mess your short term memory up and even do some stuff that never may go away, but if you have ever spent any time around a hardcore alcaholic you would know there are permenet effects of drinking as well. Fact is you would be better staying away from either. I dont judge anybody for their habits, I can only tell you my experience with drugs and drinking and they lead me down a road of violence and destruction that if I would not have chosen to find a way out of, I most likely would not be on this forum posting because I would be dead or in prison no doubt. It may start with drinking a beer here and there or just getting high every once and a while but could easily spiral into a life long struggle to pull your self out of a hole. once your caught in that trap it is very, very hard to get out of. Anyways merry Christmas and I hope santa brings you something cool. :D